Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay "hat lot" gamble

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Was anyone here bidding on THIS LOT of hats?

More to the point, I guess I am asking, "How far do you go when you're not sure?" This was a poor listing full of size confusion and a precious few pics, but contained a few potentials ... a Disney, a Dobbs, and a Knox. I don't have the extra cash right now or I would have bitten on this one ... anyone else? How much are you willing to "gamble" on the eBay unknown???

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Wow, I missed that one. :eek:

Nice looking hats, though it would be a hard decision deciding what to pay for hats of unknown size. It might be worth it to pay a decent amount just to find out what they are and their size. That's a tough choice.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Well if ya want to get rid of the Disney...please let me know...it might be my size...and I need a brown to compliment my green.:) :eusa_clap :D

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Hat DEAL

Yes the seller did finally give some measurements. IMO if only one of those hats fit @ that final group price & was in good condition you scored ;)

Solid Citizen :D

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I bid on it, but not enough. It went for $10.11 higher than my bid. I'd thought of resetting my sniper for a higher amount earlier, but decided against it. I need to be selling hats, not buying more! Of course, no idea how high wallysattic was willing to go.

Cheers,
Tom

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
HAT FEVER

Tango Y,

Looks like you saved some $$, I stoped buying lids more than a year ago, no regrets. Franklly I've only been able to wear one @ a time lol

Solid Citizen :rolleyes:

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I actually didn't win this, sorry if there was confusion ... Congrats to whomever did, though, if you're reading the Lounge ;) I'm suprised it didn't go for higher.

Some members have posted some great and lucky eBay buys, but I have yet to be so fortunate!

Edward

Bartender
Somebody, somewhere got a deal.... I suspect the Disney alone, if in good condition, would be worth at least that much. If I'd spotted it, and if I'd had the spare cash, I might have been tempted to gamble on it - if there was a hat or two in there that fitted, the rest cold be sold on probably at enough on eBay to cover the cost of what I did keep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy