Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
I got this back bow Resistol 10 from Etsy. Mid 50s, I think?
photo-13.JPG photo-12.JPG photo-11.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Aha, the Disney. Alan, I had a snipe set up on that one for a while - it does look to be a nice hat.

The more I looked at it, it seemed that the brim was on the wide side for a hat I want to wear often so I deleted my snipe bid. Saved you a few buckeroonies I think :D

Thanks David. I bid low at the last minute. Seems to be a buyer's climate at the moment. The brim is quite wide for a dress hat, just as it is on my other. Hoping the size isn't too small. First hat I've bid on in some time.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Looks like there have been some deals on the bay recently. With people asking 400 dollars for Stetson playboys and alike I have almost given up even checking that stinking site

That was a real miss, Frank. Happens to the best of us. Last disappointment for me (a few months ago) caused sleep loss, racing heart, and absolutely surprising stress. But, they're only hats... right?!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
No love whatsoever for a beautiful 3X Stetson from a Lounge Member.

Great%20Vintage%2040s%20Stetson%203X%20Beaver%20Whippet%20Style%20Fedora%20IOB%20Light%20Gray%20Size%207%20%20%20eBay-M.png

I'd have bid, but I have a Whippet that is almost exactly the same. I probably should have bought the 3X then sold the Whippet for $$$ :D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Teach - I'm such a softy, I'd have sold it to a fellow Lounger at a bargain price :)

Did I miss your birthday the other day? Hope it was a good day for you!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I'm completely blown away that no one else (other than one other bidder) was interested in this 1917-1923 Dobbs Tuxedo Hat. And that bidder wasn't terribly interested, by just bidding the minimum. I figured I would be paying close to my max bid on this one, or lose it altogether, but am dumbfounded. I'm really hoping the size is correct, as that's my size, but even if not, it was still a good win.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn