Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Kwekwe Karu

New in Town
Just won a Goorin Brothers Top Hat off ebay, tho the pictures seem too low to be a Top hat, looks more like a Pork Pie to me. Import Goorin not American made. So the $9.50 isn't as big a steal. Hopefully I'll have it soon.

A century old Stetson can withstand some moth damage and still wear well. In this size, I think it was a bargain. I have a sense they will only become more desirable once Hatco puts some marketing effort into the sesquicentennial in 2015.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I think it was a bargain too but I could not go higher. I think the higher bidder updated his top bid several times in the last minute so who knows if it was already going over $150...

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

... this seems to be what is now sold as the Borsalino F.A.B. (Foldable Alessandria Borsalino) Fedora Hat at and for VHS. I can't find it anywhere else and it is not in the current '14/'15 Italian line, made for the rest of the world.
This was from JJ Hats, they don't carry it anymore.
I'm lovin' it :thumb:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We still carry this model hat but without the bound edge. We call it the Viaggio .

How'd I miss that? Great hat, imho. :eeek:Daaaaaaaaaamn...$125 for a bound brim, Brother, that's steep!

Nice, Rick - looks to be in great shape as well.

As new, plastic hood & all, i am certain it was never worn, has a nice rustic feel, perhaps not quite as finely pounced as the other Alessandrias I have seen.
Handsome hat.

Last edited:

Kwekwe Karu

New in Town
Picture of my $9.50 Goorin "Top hat" image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany