Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

tommyK

One Too Many
Mystic, I think you're dead on here. There is not that much I can do other than warn others of this seller. Bottom line, I'm not out any money just annoyed I didn't get a good deal.

tommyK

One Too Many
Not sure of the age but "Here is the rarest of all antique cowboy hats." Wasn't the Boss one of the most produced hats ever. We've seen a fair amount of them here on the lounge. Perhaps not of this vintage?

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
On that note I just had a seller cancel on me after I won the hat and paid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-195...O0OetNaoO3Pw7WF1TE5Uk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

He refunded my money but I suspect he didn't like the price he got or got a better offer on Etsy or somewhere else.

Looking at the original posting then the resisting i say that hat he did list first time wasn't the same hat that is listing now.. Even the hat box is off. could be a mistake in listing but still he should have at lease offer you first chance to get the hat you thought you were getting by what shown.
I had one issue with some buying form me that didn't pay right off but i was able to cancel with no issue for either of us.
I blocked the guy from bidding again on any item as I dug into his history and show he had bad issue with doing the same.
You never know if sale weather you buying or selling is going to go well till the payment clears.
I watch the hats he has up.. I want to see how they the action ends the next time.. every action he take is seen by ebay and he keep it up they will cancel his accounts.

tommyK

One Too Many
Looking at the original posting then the resisting i say that hat he did list first time wasn't the same hat that is listing now.. Even the hat box is off. could be a mistake in listing but still he should have at lease offer you first chance to get the hat you thought you were getting by what shown.
I had one issue with some buying form me that didn't pay right off but i was able to cancel with no issue for either of us.
I blocked the guy from bidding again on any item as I dug into his history and show he had bad issue with doing the same.
You never know if sale weather you buying or selling is going to go well till the payment clears.
I watch the hats he has up.. I want to see how they the action ends the next time.. every action he take is seen by ebay and he keep it up they will cancel his accounts.

Yep, saw that. Looks like he did show the wrong pics with his previous listing. So, perhaps an honest mistake. I'm going to pass this time around. Maybe someone else here will fair better.

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
They should have said some about the image and listing being wrong.. show that they are paying attention to images when listing.
I understand not wanting to try again. Once burn twice shy some time the better stand.

Always interesting to see a hat with sales provenance, and from Macy's Roosevelt Field, which I know well. I think if the hat were properly creased the brim would not appear as narrow. Many hats were modified to fit the fashions of the sixties, but this brim edge looks original to me.

...Finally, the placement of the receipt with the hat doesn't really establish any provenance; there's no telling when that receipt and that hat were put together. Without a dated picture of the hat and the receipt or some serial number that matches the hat and the receipt, there's just no hard evidence that they go together.

Fwiw!
A

The Macy's Man's Store sweatband imprint and corresponding Macy's $15.00 sales receipt (the Stetson 3X Beaver Quality was a $15.00 hat) are likely to be a match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot