Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just roped this one not five minutes out of the stall!

I like the pin too, very much. Looks like a keeper from here.
Ribbon neither wide nor narrow, bound brim, nice , wide pristine sweat and the embroidered liner is the cherry on top. A non-OR western dress 3x. That 3x is fast becoming my favorite Stetson felt.
I think it will make a good fedora, too.

Does anyone know when Stetson's stopped using the embroidered liner ?

Can anyone tell me if that is a reeded or unreeded sweat?

Last edited:

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
I think its a mix, I think alot of people base their prices based on the higher end prices that some sellers are looking to achieve. Others base it on what a new Stetson retails, or a perhaps even on the prices that a custom hatter will charge.

Some may think that if someone is willing to pay x amount for a custom, wouldnt they perhaps pay more for a harder to find hat that has all the qualities that a modern hatmaker can only dream of someday being able to replicate.

Regardless, despite the higher priced buy it nows there are still some absolutely amazing deals to found.

Last edited:
Patience is a key virtue in this world. And you have to be able to walk away from the ones that make no sense. Last night, three Playboys went - one for less than $50, one for less than $60, pretty good deals (and I was outbid). The third went for $91.00. Go figure.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I just have no luck with auctions. This time I installed a sniper, set it just like it said. Auction comes down to last seconds, and the sniper didn't bid. The item sold for less than the max bid I set. Someone got what looked to me like a nice old parabuntal described as a very fine Panama. I wonder if the buyer knows the difference. If he (or she) is a Lounger I bet they will.
grrrrr. I wanted that one.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Well, I have tried that in the past, but always get beat out by a sniper at the last few seconds. So, I tried being the one sniping and the bid never got submitted. I did everything just as instructed, saw the snipe activated, waited for it to do it's thing and never had a chance. :(

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Maybe ebay changed something and made it useless.
Never needed a program to snipe a auction even it is was needed to wake in the middle of the night.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Perhaps I don't understand. It seems to me that if you put in the max you're willing to spend in eBay's interface, you can only be outbid, not sniped. I've lost auctions because my bid wasn't high enough, but never have I lost an auction because someone else somehow bid faster.

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24