Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
this happened to me just recently when I bought my Three Way

I'm sure I payed more than a lot would have .. but it is what I have been seeking for a long time .

great condition, vita-felt, with box... not to mention it is the only one in my size that I have EVER seen show up for sale

I always say ... a hat is only worth what YOU are willing to pay for it

You are so right! I think that hat was almost heading to our home a while back, maybe? If it is a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2, but then hard to say if it is the same exact hat was offered on eBay a year or so ago. But yes that model Stetson is not easy to find. I think maybe Alan has one???? Of course he has may hats to "die for"....

Spudman

One of the Regulars
I just got this olive green Champ off the bay. Two people asked for a brim measurement and twice the seller answered that it was 2 1/2 inches.
Well, the brim is between 2 1/8 and 2 1/4. What would you do? It's a nice hat. Am I nitpicking?

1f9c9098017e7ba928abab0afde21dcc.jpg
c383b6720876646ab4c63a7634be000d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I guess that's up to you. Personally, if I was happy with the hat, I'd likely keep it. If it really did show up as a stingy (2" or under), yeah, I'd complain. But if it was a nice hat at a good price, I'd likely just live with it.

Maybe you could get them to refund a few $$ for the missing inches.

Spudman

One of the Regulars
That's the dilemma. It's a nice hat, but I'd bid less for the smaller brim. I'll probably keep it but let this be a warning to others. When they say 2 1/2 inches is the brim size (twice), ask them to use a ruler.:rolleyes:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That's the dilemma. It's a nice hat, but I'd bid less for the smaller brim. I'll probably keep it but let this be a warning to others. When they say 2 1/2 inches is the brim size (twice), ask them to use a ruler.:rolleyes:
Steam or iron the brim down a bit flatter, it will give you the look of more brim. Really nice looking Fedora, I think you should keep....

Spudman

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Luv. I am keeping it. I've wanted something with a mid-ribbon and this one has it. I also like the color which didn't turn out quite right in the photo.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I just got this olive green Champ off the bay. Two people asked for a brim measurement and twice the seller answered that it was 2 1/2 inches.
Well, the brim is between 2 1/8 and 2 1/4. What would you do? It's a nice hat. Am I nitpicking?

1f9c9098017e7ba928abab0afde21dcc.jpg
c383b6720876646ab4c63a7634be000d.jpg

There are many different valid answers to this question.

Me? I would definitely keep it, as my preferred brim range is 2 to 2 1/2 inches, and I still have not found a nicely shaped (to me) crown in the, wouldn't ya guess, 2 1/8 to 2 1/4" range. That hat would have been a windfall for me. :)

What size is it? Maybe I'll take it off your hands if you really don't want it.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Just to chime in on the question, follow your gut. If you don't wear that brim size, send it back, because no, that's not nit-picking at all. eBay is pretty customer focused, and they'll back you on an exchange based on misinformation.

Spudman

One of the Regulars
It has nice lines,I would have guessed the brim was wider from the pics.

Me too. I've gotten pretty good at skimming through the search results at light speed and spotting the over two inch brims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran