Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

g.durand

One Too Many

Sweatbandjo

Familiar Face
OK.... Who's r***2? Don't be shy, maybe we can get you help, you are among friends here. Just pour yourself a coffee and empty the pot over your keyboard. We are all praying for you and that a higher bidder saves your day.

We should start an EA group... eBay Anonymous. I think you're right hatofile, it has to be Pope Francis' stepping out - line dancing hat.

Sweatbandjo

Familiar Face
Sitting down to dinner tonight might prove a bit fraught... "Well darling.... I know, I know...No don't do that! Oh jesssss!

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
I recently got my first Barsolino and my first Ebay hat a few days ago. It should be here shortly. I am not sure if I got a good deal @ $175 or not. But there do not seem to be many Barsolino's in the 7 1/2 - 7 5/8 range. And this one seemed to be in good shape. The listing was here. It was listed as "Tan" so I wonder if the white balance is off on this photo.

p1891156214-4.jpg

$610.00? I guess there were no last second snipe bids. r***2 might have been hoping for one.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why this hat didn't top out at ~$125. I see nothing so exceptional about it to warrant that bid.

On the other hand, kudos to the seller. They made out like a bandit!

RJR

I recently got my first Barsolino and my first Ebay hat a few days ago. It should be here shortly. I am not sure if I got a good deal @ $175 or not. But there do not seem to be many Barsolino's in the 7 1/2 - 7 5/8 range. And this one seemed to be in good shape. The listing was here. It was listed as "Tan" so I wonder if the white balance is off on this photo.

p1891156214-4.jpg
It certainly looks good in the pic.

Sweatbandjo

Familiar Face
That's a beauty Bob, very like my warm grey Borsolino that originally hailed from a Venice hat shop - circa 1920 that I paid a LOT for and loved but managed to leave somewhere in Paris and never see again... sob... Mine had that exact ribbon but with a tight pleat instead of the bow. And a rolled stiched maybe 2 inch rim... And it was 7 3/4. Oh God I can't bear it... Where are my pills? I'm not new here guys, just can't remember who I was - or am really.
Have pity.

makitright

One of the Regulars

p1891156214-4.jpg
But Bob - it's not your size - didn't you say you were a 62?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

p1891156214-4.jpg
You will sure know on the color once you have it "home". Clean looking Borso, I think you got a real gem there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner