Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I think this is the first Stratoliner ever made...... except for the wide ribbon version that Howard Hughes wore. Comes with a removable liner too!
It's a $5000 hat for just $2000 . I'd buy it but i blew all my savings on Al Capone's hat.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-194...127680?hash=item33c39c3a00:g:SFQAAOSwj85YNzqi
it takes every fiber of my being to not message these people and tell them how out of their F*#$ing tree they are

I actually just this minute finished a 3 day long text conversation with our buddy Tim who will not budge on a Stratoliner priced quite ridiculously

I offered him something very fair and he swears it is worth hundreds and hundreds more ... I question sometimes if these people want to actually sell anything or if they just want to show what they will keep stored in a closet for years

40Cal

One Too Many
it takes every fiber of my being to not message these people and tell them how out of their F*#$ing tree they are

I actually just this minute finished a 3 day long text conversation with our buddy Tim who will not budge on a Stratoliner priced quite ridiculously

I offered him something very fair and he swears it is worth hundreds and hundreds more ... I question sometimes if these people want to actually sell anything or if they just want to show what they will keep stored in a closet for years
I applaud you for making the attempt to bring Tim back to earth. I think I know the hat you are talking about..... he will never sell it at the price he is asking.
Unfortunately, this guy says he is using Tim's prices as a guide for setting his own ridiculous prices.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
this guy says he is using Tim's prices as a guide for setting his own ridiculous prices.
and therein lies the problem in the industry

and yes ... I spoke friendly but frankly with Tim for days ... trying to explain to him that what he has is indeed nothing special to demand a price even close to what he is asking

I made him a more than fair offer because I like him and he has worked fairly with me before

it is a basic late 40s Stratoliner with a cracked sweat ... no special color ... just gray ... basic liner ... everything just basic ... he tells me ..."you and I see the world through different prisms "

indeed we do Tim ... indeed we do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot