Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Uh, you new 'round here? [emoji1]

Glad you didn't post it, as well. As it was mis-categorized under "horse memorabilia," I was counting on that keeping the interest (and hence the price) down.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I have "Demon Hanover" in my eBay searches, and got an email about it. If I see another, I will tell you.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I thought of telling you about it, but I knew you already had one, and didn't think you wanted another. I did tell someone else, but he said he was running low on funds at that moment.
I thought of just posting a link to it, but then I remembered Brent saying that was a no-no, so I didn't. He was a small-arms instructor for 30 years, and looks even more intimidating with his new mustache...

Wait till he retires and see what he looks like!! Ha ha
B
8DE2DABB-1BAD-4362-9C74-1C08DCE3545C.jpeg
F62B9E62-865D-4722-882A-DD01D26268A2.jpeg

humanshoes

One Too Many
I told myself I wouldn't buy any more hats when I can damn well make them for myself, but it's just too hard to pass up a nice old, bound edge Stagecoach for less than price of dinner. I didn't take a before picture, but this one had the standard, hideous macramé hatband so you can imagine. A quick brushing, dry crease, an old Boy Scout band, and she's good to go.

Resistol Western.JPG

Hahaha. Now I have a hatter in Mexico City who can reblock a hat to my size, so watch out.
:D

Yeah, but in this case, my challenge is to try to make it useful to me without ruining the integrity of a rare collectible. If I can't preserve it sweatband intact, I won't keep it, and I'll find somebody it fits who can appreciate it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, but in this case, my challenge is to try to make it useful to me without ruining the integrity of a rare collectible. If I can't preserve it sweatband intact, I won't keep it, and I'll find somebody it fits who can appreciate it.

A err...what size might it be kind and wonderful Sir? If i might be so bold to inquire. Grovel grovel
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

I guess that means you wouldn't paas it on to me :(

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Gandalf with guns, instead of a staff! Fearsome!

Man, am I glad I don't think I will catch a leather jacket addiction. I've seen what they go for in the classifieds.

It’s all the same rabbit hole to fall into...just depends on what you wanna wear for the trip!
I choose nice hats, leather jackets, fly fishing gear, cowboy boots, thermonuclear expansion devices....etc. just regular old stuff.
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Can't the sweatband be put back on after reblocking, and just add a small extension? I have a Simeon Zlateff homburg that has one like that. That way you could still keep it.

Can't the sweatband be put back on after reblocking, and just add a small extension? I have a Simeon Zlateff homburg that has one like that. That way you could still keep it.

That's something I'm thinking about. This is a reeded sweat, so that's a possibility. But much will depend on the condition of the sweat. It looked to be in good shape in the pics. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
22CF1EF3-65A5-483C-A92F-1B5C7C1B733C.jpeg
12127F3F-C8E1-4B5A-90FD-A0189193C2B6.jpeg
You know, I might give that look a try. I think I could pull it off (sans the leather jacket).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shit Deadly, i know what your problem is. You’re just afraid that once you touch that “Rich Corinthian Leather” it’ll be game over, 401k down the drain, Calif forever!! Ha
I def got the perfect jacket for ya!! No sweat!! Drink the kool aid man!!
You can’t get this grain and “hand” at the mall!! Lol
B

View attachment 134993 View attachment 134994
Shit Deadly, i know what your problem is. You’re just afraid that once you touch that “Rich Corinthian Leather” it’ll be game over, 401k down the drain, Calif forever!! Ha
I def got the perfect jacket for ya!! No sweat!! Drink the kool aid man!!
You can’t get this grain and “hand” at the mall!! Lol
B

You know... that’s not far from the truth. The last thing I need is another expensive hobby/collection and I’m scared to even open the door. “Corinthian Leather,” whatever that is, doesn’t sound cheap. I don’t need Jim Jones Bowen whispering in my ear...and I’m more of a Diet Pepsi guy anyway. :)

I’ll have a one room flat before I stay in California in retirement.

I will say that jacket looks nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana