Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Pictures of the hat being worn is never a good idea... not much about this one warrants a price higher than it sold for, IMO.

Alan, it’s interesting that you said it’s not a good to included photos of hats being worn when selling them. I feel the same. When I’m buying a vintage hat I know it’s been worn by others but I don’t want to see it.

I’ve sold several hats recently and I was surprised at how often perspective buyers asked for photos of the hats being worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ColoradoRocky

New in Town
Someone got a pretty good deal on this early 7X CB. I missed the new price. Didn’t it start at around $400?

For under $200 it would have gotten a few bidders!

View attachment 158971
That was me. I e-mailed the seller a few times to negotiate the price down. I pointed out to him that the sweatband wasn't original, which I imagine helped my case.

I agree, it is a little weird to see photos of someone else wearing the hat. Doubt I'll mind once it arrives, though.

Glad some of you guys think it was a pretty good deal. With the sweatband situation, I still had some doubts about offering as much as I did. I'm buying it to wear, though, so the provenance of the sweatband was less important than as a collector's piece.

I think it could use a reblocking, though. Any recommendations for shops in Denver to get that done?

Just Daniel

One Too Many
The dude in the sale image was more than little creepy!

Alan, it’s interesting that you said it’s not a good to included photos of hats being worn when selling them. I feel the same. When I’m buying a vintage hat I know it’s been worn by others but I don’t want to see it.

I’ve sold several hats recently and I was surprised at how often perspective buyers asked for photos of the hats being worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just Daniel

One Too Many
You got a very good deal, a 7X CB with stars in the liner crest pre-plastic is probably ‘48 or before.

That was me. I e-mailed the seller a few times to negotiate the price down. I pointed out to him that the sweatband wasn't original, which I imagine helped my case.

I agree, it is a little weird to see photos of someone else wearing the hat. Doubt I'll mind once it arrives, though.

Glad some of you guys think it was a pretty good deal. With the sweatband situation, I still had some doubts about offering as much as I did. I'm buying it to wear, though, so the provenance of the sweatband was less important than as a collector's piece.

I think it could use a reblocking, though. Any recommendations for shops in Denver to get that done?

You got a very good deal, a 7X CB with stars in the liner crest pre-plastic is probably ‘48 or before.

I would be very surprised if this hat was manufactured before 1950. The lining could be original, but it could also have been added when the sweatband was replaced. That said, I hope it is awesome when it arrives and that you enjoy it.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Defeat. Gone in 18 minutes...

CC31EE32-30EC-4A67-967B-90BC45F45C25.png

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Good memory - I need to g9 back and look that one over. I had assumed the 7nder brim binding was not original. There is always so much to see and learn!

Good get and very similar to one Alan posted the other day with the red liner and under brim binding.

I had assumed the 7nder brim binding was not original.

It is. Daniel, search out some of the Miller-Stockman catalog pages for Stetsons here on the lounge during the post war era to the early 60's you'll find Stetson offered a number of different models in various grades/qualities from a No.1 up to a 7X CB. And during a period up to a 100 for some.

I have a mid 60's 3X western with the under brim binding. Mine was from a special order but I've seen the hats in the catalog pages with names like the "Arminty" or something similar and some other models as well with the same brim treatment.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails