Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Exactly. If you look at the bid history there were 30 bids by 10 bidders. All the newbies nickel & dime bid all wk. The winner bid just once. It wasn't like he got caught up in the heat of the moment. He knew this particular hat was worth it.
Yup.
Some loungers and i had a discussion about what it would go for and how high it would get bid up before the final moments. I’m surprised it didn’t go for more but it kinda stalled out a week ago. Never makes sense to nickel dime one ahead. Just gets more folks kinda interested. Set a number you’ll pay then roll the 5 sec dice. Whomever wants it most...congrats!
B

J Williams

Practically Family
Someone who wants to keep it, not resell it.
That’s a damn fine hat with provenance which is hard to find. Like Bama said all the bells and whistles. I have one with a 1963 stamp on the back of the sweat. It’s a hell of a good hat.
Pretty sure a lounger that doesn’t post much bought it.
B

Good. That’s what I was hoping to hear. Didn’t bid as it’s too small for me. My guess was it would go for around $300 based on how well described and clear the listing was.

I learned quickly there’s no point in getting involved until the last few minutes. Just has potential to drive up the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good. That’s what I was hoping to hear. Didn’t bid as it’s too small for me. My guess was it would go for around $300 based on how well described and clear the listing was.

I learned quickly there’s no point in getting involved until the last few minutes. Just has potential to drive up the price.

Too small for me, too.

I absolutely agree about penny ante bids driving up the price. Boneheads messing around IMO.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Yup.
Some loungers and i had a discussion about what it would go for and how high it would get bid up before the final moments. I’m surprised it didn’t go for more but it kinda stalled out a week ago. Never makes sense to nickel dime one ahead. Just gets more folks kinda interested. Set a number you’ll pay then roll the 5 sec dice. Whomever wants it most...congrats!
B
My 7X came me that way, at opening bid. I was sure others were hanging back the same way.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab

It took me a while to learn, but my minutes turned to seconds. Then I don't have to frantically consider if I really have another best offer. :)
I see them get away. It's still disapointing, but I know they wanted it more than me.

0f890f06026f1c6e55523eab0109596d.jpg

1b1f277e45aeeea1f04fbaf88761764c.jpg

Just shove it in a box and get it shipped! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I’ll see if it responds to shaping; if not it will go back. I wish I knew what such people are thinking; it ends up costing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
After working to correct (with some success) seller related issued with a Bailey Panama, I thought at least a scolding was in order.
Her response was that if I had been working on it she couldn't accept a return.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Pellie

One Too Many

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
I'll say you did!

Sadly, it'll be all downhill from here. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Ha ha, that’s what I was telling my wife.... I got something like that so early in my ‘Vintage Hat Career’ that it’s going to be hard to top. From pictures I thought the Strat was the perfect style for me, so have been looking for a while.

I was not disappointed !!

I guess there’s plenty more styles for me out there though, I’m open to suggestions.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner