Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AlanC, Mar 24, 2008.

1. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Yes. He sold the smaller house, and kept the larger. Still plenty of room, though.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  2. Blare

Blare My Mail is Forwarded Here

I’m sorry to hear you had that unfortunate experience. I’ve only been around here about a year. But mostly I’ve found the folks here Quite supportive. It’s really what I enjoy about the group... members are very generous with their time and sharing of knowledge.

3. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Yes! You are a most welcome addition, Joe! You have acquired many excellent hats in a short time.
    I am, of course, a member of the "old gray mare'",
    AKA the "aint't what she used to be" newbie classless group, along with some of the good friends I've met here, but, for what it's worth, I am glad you joined, and I like your posts and enthusiasm.:)

Just Daniel, deadlyhandsome and Rumad like this.
  4. Blare

Thank you Max. You were always very helpful when I had questions early on. I know when it comes to new additions to your collection I will most likely get treated to view some very fine and sometimes unusual hats.

I really do enjoy the ever growing knowledge base here along with the camaraderie among hat lovers.

Probably veered off thread a bit here... but just voicing my admiration for this group. I’ll try to get Back to Ebay grabs! LOL

Just Daniel, deadlyhandsome and Rumad like this.
  5. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

I just made $500 flipping an old truck. Is that too much? If I had made $501, would that be too much? How much is too much? Is there someone here who has the moral high ground to tell me how many hats...err, dollars I can have? Or what I can do with my dollars?

6. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Oh, I know I am not a hat connoiseur, Joe, so if I answered a question from you, it must've been very basic!

I do think I've developed an eye for a good hat, though.

Blare and Rmccamey like this.
  7. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

I don't have an extensive vocabulary in English, but I think this might be the word for what you describe: Screenshot_20200919-210403_Chrome.jpg

8. Blare

I’ll tie this into the thread :) If I remember correctly... I had purchased a Dobbs Gay Prince on EBay... and I had asked your opinion of the felt as I knew you owned one.... or two. Or a dozen. :cool:

9. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Hahaha. Yes, I remember now. Lemme see. Three! Did you like it? I love velour hats

Blare likes this.
  10. Blare

Oh yes! I love the felt on it... so thin and Easy to shape. Not a lot of hats with felt like it! I replaced the whip/saddle stitch brim binding on it. It’s not a daily wear type hat for me. But I love it still.

drmaxtejeda and deadlyhandsome like this.
  11. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

I agree. Perhaps a little too gayish...

12. Blare

Maybe too much prince. LOL

actually it’s a bit bigger brim than I normally prefer. It’s a bit of a western vibe in a way with the saddle stitching. I just have to be in the mood.

13. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

I feel like I'm the Cisco Kid with one on.

Just Daniel, Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  14. Blare

By the way... here is an actual photo of Max working hard to earn his hat money these days. 3E6FC13F-2982-4E62-ADBD-022928A1426E.jpeg

15. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Hahahaha! I wish I could work and dress like that. I have to wear a sort of astronaut suit, and a face shield that is really more of a helmet, and it gets really warm underneath it all, so my loupes fog. I counter it by setting the air conditioning temp really low, but then my patients and my tennants, (even those who are also dentists) in the other cubicles complain of the cold.
    Oh, well... can't please everybody.

steur, Rmccamey, Blare and 1 other person like this.
  16. Garrett

Garrett My Mail is Forwarded Here

Time to re-rail this thread:

50's Adam Air Lite

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg

17. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

I saw that one! I don't remember the size, though. The sweatband and liner look like new.

Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  18. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Other than the driving range, I have played exactly nine holes of golf in my life. I'll be at the 19th hole waiting for you, though.

Back to eBay...

drmaxtejeda and Blare like this.
  19. Blare

20. Garrett

Garrett My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sometimes after he "modifies" them. Still sore about him tearing off the edge binding of a 1920s melton I sold him only to turn around a day later and sell it.

Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.