Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

StoryPNW

Practically Family
A serious victory! Have to share with y’all!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255360928624
View attachment 400191
I looked up Imperial Open Road in here and didn’t find any others and read an old post from 2012 where Alan @alanfgag , had said something to the effect that he has seen many quality levels, but didn’t think he’d ever seen an Imperial grade OR.
Is this a true unicorn?
Either way, this is one very special OR in size 7 1/2!! Incredibly soft, flimsy and thin, but holds her shape. Awesome felt! Reminds me of a Shudde Brother’s OR clone that I bought from Professor Randy. It had superlative and floppy but shape holding felt qualities, as well.
With this beaut I merely reflanged the brim and shaped the crown a bit.
Love the ribbon bow. A bit different from the usual OR.
That and being a Fifteen OR at Imperial level with onion skin liner tip might make this hat a 47 to 52 model? Haven’t looked behind the sweat, but I’d bet it’s got the red and orange tags. Stopped doing that on hats that I plan on selling.
She should reel in the big bucks!

Was able to talk the seller down from $64 shipping charge to a reasonable $25.
All together special victory, indeed!

May just keep her even though she don’t fit my 23” brain bucket.

Makes me want to ask you guys if an OR in Premier quality level exists?
Or is that what’s called a 7XCB OR?
Though this Imperial Fifteen is sweet I can’t imagine any 40s OR being any better in felt quality.

View attachment 400181 View attachment 400189 View attachment 400190 View attachment 400188 View attachment 400183 View attachment 400186 View attachment 400182
Don't know how I missed that one, great find! I'm always looking for the 7 1/2 hats.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Don't know how I missed that one, great find! I'm always looking for the 7 1/2 hats.
Thanks, Story. I’m proud to have been so lucky!
As you, and all us eBay lurkers know, it only takes a minute or even a few seconds to miss a great, low priced BIN listing.
She may show up again some time...but not at the same price. (wink)

Well.
She has been tuned up a bit...and, unlike the last seller, I know just how sweet she is!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A serious victory! Have to share with y’all!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255360928624
View attachment 400191
I looked up Imperial Open Road in here and didn’t find any others and read an old post from 2012 where Alan @alanfgag , had said something to the effect that he has seen many quality levels, but didn’t think he’d ever seen an Imperial grade OR.
Is this a true unicorn?
Either way, this is one very special OR in size 7 1/2!! Incredibly soft, flimsy and thin, but holds her shape. Awesome felt! Reminds me of a Shudde Brother’s OR clone that I bought from Professor Randy. It had superlative and floppy but shape holding felt qualities, as well.
With this beaut I merely reflanged the brim and shaped the crown a bit.
Love the ribbon bow. A bit different from the usual OR.
That and being a Fifteen OR at Imperial level with onion skin liner tip might make this hat a 47 to 52 model? Haven’t looked behind the sweat, but I’d bet it’s got the red and orange tags. Stopped doing that on hats that I plan on selling.
She should reel in the big bucks!

Was able to talk the seller down from $64 shipping charge to a reasonable $25.
All together special victory, indeed!

May just keep her even though she don’t fit my 23” brain bucket.

Makes me want to ask you guys if an OR in Premier quality level exists?
Or is that what’s called a 7XCB OR?
Though this Imperial Fifteen is sweet I can’t imagine any 40s OR being any better in felt quality.

View attachment 400181 View attachment 400189 View attachment 400190 View attachment 400188 View attachment 400183 View attachment 400186 View attachment 400182

Most excellent, Randall. I have a mode edge Imperial Stetsonand I concur with your assessment, the felt is amazingly soft and pliable - comparable to my Stetson 100.
(Sorry, I attached the wrong picture.)

Attachments

• 20210228_154002.jpg
    20210228_154002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Check this milan out!
First I’ve seen like this.
Bought cheap.
Great price on a good looking straw.
Contemporary vintage, but very sharp.
Can’t wait to reshape the brim just a bit and wear. Probably won’t wait for summer since usually summer days happen in the winter here.

Check this milan out!
Bought cheap.
Can’t wait to reshape the brim just a bit and wear. Probably won’t wait for summer since usually summer days happen in the winter here.
Cool design

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
23F57976-B39A-419D-8321-E1843698DDA3.jpeg
Got this’n in today on an eBay victory.
One o them Indy specials by Adventurebilt. Got it cheap enough.
I’m not a big fan, so it’ll be a flip.
You see these go for around $450 regularly. Good hats and I’ve read where Penman is making them now.
Hmmm. For some unexpected reason I feel like digging around this enigmatic swamp to look for Seminole Indian relics, of a sudden.
0305B4FC-A1C9-4DBE-9616-AFD31A4F412A.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 401897 Got this’n in today on an eBay victory.
You see these go for around $450 regularly. Good hats and I’ve read where Penman is making them now.
Hmmm. For some unexpected reason I feel like digging around this enigmatic swamp to look for Seminole Indian relics, of a sudden.
View attachment 401894
If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have it tagged as an Indy-hat. Just a fine classic looking fedora. Nice find, Randall.

Check this milan out!
Bought cheap.

Love Milans and vented crowns are something I’ve come to really appreciate vented crowns in summer hats. I don’t recall seeing a similar hat: very nice!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have it tagged as an Indy-hat. Just a fine classic looking fedora. Nice find, Randall.
Well that’s because it isn’t dusty and dirty enough with the brim all wonked up from chasing down German tanks. I’m wearing it just as it arrived and likely, just as it was bought.
Thanks, Stefan

RBH

Bartender
Look behind the sweat... Steve used to write who for and when the hat was made.

View attachment 401897 Got this’n in today on an eBay victory.
View attachment 401894

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot