Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DoctorJ said:
Here's my new Knox

Knox.jpg
Sweet! Great color.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bob Smalser said:
Another Dobbs Fifteen, probably excellent.

Seller unsure whether the sweat is 21" or 22" in circumference. For $18.50, I'll take the chance. ;)

8d4c_1_sbl.JPG

89e0_1_sbl.JPG
I was contemplating this one as well Bob. I can't believe it went so cheap. Congrats.....:eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
I considered buying the Porkpie Whippet, my goal is to own one in every color, but the grey is a fairly common color. I'm holding out for the next green or blue one. :D

Ande1964

Practically Family
Jay Lord

Supposed 7 1/2 Jay Lord.

!BQdB9eg!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBJ4-Le7Ikg~~_12.JPG

Well, I don't know if it's really a 7 1/2. I did ask the seller, and they offered some assurances, but no real measurements. I threw in a pretty low bid, and ended up winning it for a mere $44, shipped.

No idea about the Jay Lord brand or the vintage. You'll know more when I do!

Anj

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Anyone know the background of the "Stetson 25"? They seem like a relatively recent lid -- by far, most of the ones I've seen seem to be at least 1960's, but I could be wrong. I wonder when these first came on the scene...[huh]

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I posted this in the OR Guild a long time ago, but it was never discussed. This is all just speculation at this point, but I think that the 20 and 40 were the originals. At some point, the 100 and 25 were added. As far as I can tell, the gold medallion liner 25s, like this one, were the earliest, but the model designation did seem to last for a pretty long time. This is from what, the late 50s to mid-60s?
stetson253.jpg

stetson254.jpg

Sargon

Familiar Face
I've been busy

I just got one from the seller I got the above hat from. Obviously a gentleman with fine taste! It's a dollar designation I believe, but I have no idea how it relates to Royal vs Sovereign or its "X" designation.

DSCF1544.jpg

DSCF1543.jpg

Inusuit

A-List Customer
So, my attempts to educated myself continues.... Is the "Royal Deluxe" of lesser quality than a 3X of the same vintage? The seller of this RD "assumed" it was a 5X. I'm guessing if it had a 5X rating, it would say so in the hat.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Inusuit said:
So, my attempts to educated myself continues.... Is the "Royal Deluxe" of lesser quality than a 3X of the same vintage? The seller of this RD "assumed" it was a 5X. I'm guessing if it had a 5X rating, it would say so in the hat.
Depending on the year, yes. That is, a 3x stetson made in the same year as a royal deluxe would be of higher quality.

Royal Stetson: $10
Royal Deluxe Stetson: $12.50
3x stetson: $15
Stetson 25: $25
7x stetson: $50
Stetson 100: $100

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Thanks, Dinerman.

I have a 3x Open Road with the vendor price tag inside the sweat of $15.00. Do you know the approximate year of the prices you quoted?

If you're ever in Cheyenne, I'll buy you breakfast at the Luxury Diner. It's a classic.

Inusuit

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I posted this in the OR Guild a long time ago, but it was never discussed. This is all just speculation at this point, but I think that the 20 and 40 were the originals. At some point, the 100 and 25 were added. As far as I can tell, the gold medallion liner 25s, like this one, were the earliest, but the model designation did seem to last for a pretty long time. This is from what, the late 50s to mid-60s?

I have a 1955 ad that specifically lists the "Stetson 100". It would be interesting to know when the Stetson 25 first made an appearance. My guess -- and it is only a guess -- is that the Stetson 25 probably first came on the scene in the mid/late 50's at the earliest. I agree, Lefty, the gold medallion logo would be consistent with that timeframe.

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy