Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Viper Man said:
I am stoked about this one. This is the second vintage straw that I have purchased from that seller. I don't usually see C&K hats too often and I never see milans with a 2 1/2" brim. :eusa_clap

I was the underbidder on that one - it looks very nice, but I have another straw hat coming in by Fedex today, so decided to back off. I'm glad you got it for a good price.

Viper Man

Banned
ScottF said:
I was the underbidder on that one - it looks very nice, but I have another straw hat coming in by Fedex today, so decided to back off. I'm glad you got it for a good price.

Thanks, Scott. I was in for the long haul with this one and had actually bid about 3x what it sold for. You would have had a quite a fight on your hands. ;) lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Thanks, Lefty! Found this quote fom the 1920s: "The hat is called Milan after the city of Italy near which most of these braids are produced."

Check out the FTC case in that thread. It's probably got more info on milans than anything else I've seen.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
80aa_1_sbl.JPG
9dae_1_sbl.JPG

This one arrived today. It is a man's hat if you go by bow placement--it's on the left. The hat actually fits! My wife has, alas, declared it hers. :eusa_doh:

I'll take some outside photos of it either tomorrow when I get home or Saturday to try to capture the teal color of it. I think it's unusual enough a hat that I'll start a new thread for it rather then putting it into the new hats thread.

As for the age, it has what appears to be a date written under the liner in what appears to be grease pencil. The year is 1918. :D More details and photos soon!

Regards,
Tom

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:

As for the age, it has what appears to be a date written under the liner in what appears to be grease pencil. The year is 1918. :D More details and photos soon!

Regards,
Tom

Interesting about the year. It definitely fits with the addresses on the liner tip. They opened 620 Fifth Avenue in 1917, and closed it in 1928.

Seems like an even more radical hat for a WWI-era hat!
Can't wait to see the new thread.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic