Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If it were only 7-1/4 I would have jumped. I can't keep buying hats that are too big or small.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
near-perfect 7 3/8 Playboy for only $103??? Looks like someone was sleeping.

7 3/8 Playboy

048.jpg

*sigh* I didn't bother bidding as I thought it would go sky-high at the end. :eusa_doh: Didn't set up a sniper, was eating dinner when it ended. :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Ah, well... was just told the cost of the rebuild of the transmission in my wife's car was over $1550, so it's just as well I didn't spend any on hats today! :p

Cheers,
Tom

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
If it were only 7-1/4 I would have jumped. I can't keep buying hats that are too big or small.

I remember when you said you were through buying 7 1/8's. Shortly thereafter I gave up on them as well.

Late 1930's 1st generation Playboy

Here's a 7 1/4 Playboy that I paid a fortune for, but it's worth every sheckel. Started off gray, but when the dust had been brushed away it is a very light mauve. It has one little moth divot just above the left end of the bow - other than that, it's virtually perfect. Only issue is that it was advertised as 23" and it's a true 7 1/4, thus a little small.

AirLFront.jpg

AirLSide1.jpg

AirLBottom.jpg

AirLSweatLogo.jpg

AirLTip.jpg

AirLTopUnb.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
1950-53 Stetson Royal

Just arrived, powder-blue, pretty close to flawless. Had a light center-dent bash.

RoyalSideUnb.jpg

RoyalFrontUnb.jpg

RoyalBottom.jpg

RoyalSweatLogo.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Two early '30s fuzzy hats

Big week for old hats - 5 arrived in the last two days

These two were dirty and messy upon arrival, but brushed up very well. Had to iron the ribbon on the brown one. Both are also shown with what appears to be their original bashes.

1930BrownFrontUnb.jpg

1930BrownSide1.jpg

1930BrownBottom.jpg

1930BrownSweatDtl.jpg

1930sBlackSideUnb.jpg

1930sBlackFront2.jpg

1930sBlackBottom.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
Great stuff, Scott :eusa_clap

Be sure and let me know about that black one ;)

It is 22 3/8 without the sweatband, 2.5" brim. I'm thinking Optimo can bump it a little for me and add a fabric sweat. That's the goal - if not, there's one other small-noggin lounger ahead of you.

It's a much softer fur than the brown one - brown one almost feels like wool.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Fantastic lids, Scott -- but, this one is my favorite. :)

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks Jimmy - I was afraid it would be like a wide-ribbon Strat, but doesn't have the taper that a Strat has.

I wore the mauve Playboy to pool league tonight - what a lid.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hats all, Scott. I was the second bidder on your playboy. That's what I get for sleeping. I know it is good hands.

Dreispitz, You are going to to love the playboy. Apparently sleeping worked. Congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw