Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
Beautiful hat.

Man, I love women in vintage hats like that. Then again, I wish I could time travel back to the '20s and '30s. Of course I'd like to be able to change some political, economical, and social things too if I went back, but that's a whole other story!

The Stetson Stratoliner I won on eBay was finally delivered to me yesterday. Wow, what a beautiful hat. And any ideas I had of replacing the thin ribbon quickly dissipated when I saw it in person and was wearing it. Such a classy hat :) And it is like brand new, which is shocking being that it was bought from an estate and is about 50 years old. A great buy.
So now I own a Lee Trinity, 2 Stetsons (one straw and one fur felt fedora), a Churchill, and an unidentified fur felt with lions in their logo that is still trying to be determined (see Ask a Question, Get An Answer thread for more on that!).

Got my eye on a Dobbs now!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
The unreeded sweat made me think older. [huh]

Borsalino was one of the few companies to use unreeded sweats in the '50s, '60s....'70s.......

On the other hand, I've had two '30s Borsalinos and they both had reeded sweats. Also had one from the '20s or older that was unreeded.

I'm going with '50s on this one.

Be-autiful hat!!! Nice pick-up Scott!

Mr E Train

One Too Many
jeffconnors said:
sorry ..I got it
I really expected it to go a lot higher than it did, I never see dobbs hats in that style and size on the bay

Congratulations on that one. I figured I would get outbid right at the end, and I could have gone higher, but I'm about to have to shell out money for plumbing repairs and was hoping I could luck out and get it on the cheap.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
Big heads and small heads get the best deals. We common sized folks have to pay retail!

That hat also appears to have a 3 inch brim. The brim size poll suggests that relatively few people favor brims that wide. Perhaps that's a factor as well.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
zetwal said:
That hat also appears to have a 3 inch brim. The brim size poll suggests that relatively few people favor brims that wide. Perhaps that's a factor as well.

I think the brim is 2 5/8, i think the hat is a handover square with out the label.
some rounding going on there me thinks

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
jeffconnors said:
I think the brim is 2 5/8, i think the hat is a handover square with out the label.

some rounding going on there me thinks

You could be right. Did you ask the seller about the stated measurements? Either way, I do hope it turns out to be just what you want. :)

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
zetwal said:
You could be right. Did you ask the seller about the stated measurements? Either way, I do hope it turns out to be just what you want. :)
Thanks,
Nope never asked but I am assuming from exp. that the crown is really 5" and de brim is 2 5/8", If not it would be one strange hat indeed, cross between a westward and a hanover square, weird...either way it's one fine lid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24