Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got one of these mechanics' caps at a phenomenal price

cap.jpg

Six bones w/ free ship. I haven't received it yet, but I am goin' to dye the bill black & try another attempt at an Amsterdam Vallon cap. Her website ALLEY CAPS has 'em for one heck of allot more. A nice lady too!

SteveAS

Practically Family
No need to apologize and congratulations on your hat. It's hard to believe the felt is "deep gray," as the seller describes. It looks green, but, either way, it's a great looking hat . . . especially for the price!

2manyhats

Familiar Face
SteveAS said:
No need to apologize and congratulations on your hat. It's hard to believe the felt is "deep gray," as the seller describes. It looks green, but, either way, it's a great looking hat . . . especially for the price!
I thought it might have been tan, but the seller assured me it's "deep gray". I can't wait to get it, and take some real pictures of it! lol

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
It is kitten felt.

And it is rare after that fateful case of PETA vs. Resistol. ;)

Seriously it was a superior finish Resistol had for some of their hats much like Stetson had 'Suede Finish' and Borsalino had 'Pesca' (though 'Kitten Finish' was not equivalent to either one mentioned). They all had their gimmicks back in the day but unlike today most of them were actually good!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
2manyhats said:
What the heck is a "kitten finish"!?! lol
nice hat though.
A hair;) longer than a standard shaved finish but not as long as a velour with enhanced softness. Nearly a suede finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff