Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

billyspew

One Too Many
softouch said:

The first three are much later examples.

The 4th is one of the best quality vintage felts you can buy.
The 5th one looks nice.

All depends on your own personal preference though. Which style do you most like?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
softouch said:
Thats a bit of a general question. If those are the colors, dimensions and styles you like they are all worthwhile hats of good quality(2 and 3 less so).
The later, stingier brims will probably sell for less money. The Cavanagh is much better than the Royal Stetson(1>2)

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mens-Borsalino-Brown-Swing-Era-Fedora-Hat-7-3-8-/300453523348?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Women_s_Accessories

Look at the competition for my head size. Damn my huge head! :eusa_doh:

Also I have a question:

There's a hat on the bay in my size right now that I might decide to purchase. It would be my first ebay hat and my first vintage. At the risk of more competition, I'm going to tell you that it is vintage Stetson "Standard Quality" felt. I've no idea what this means, but maybe some of you do. After all, pretty much anyone contributing to this thread has more ebay experience than I. So, is this a good hat, or is it not worth the money? If you require a link, I will provide one, as I probably won't win it anyway.

Garrett

Neophyte said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mens-Borsalino-Brown-Swing-Era-Fedora-Hat-7-3-8-/300453523348?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Women_s_Accessories

Look at the competition for my head size. Damn my huge head! :eusa_doh:

Also I have a question:

There's a hat on the bay in my size right now that I might decide to purchase. It would be my first ebay hat and my first vintage. At the risk of more competition, I'm going to tell you that it is vintage Stetson "Standard Quality" felt. I've no idea what this means, but maybe some of you do. After all, pretty much anyone contributing to this thread has more ebay experience than I. So, is this a good hat, or is it not worth the money? If you require a link, I will provide one, as I probably won't win it anyway.

If its the one I'm thinking of then yes, good stuff and put a bid in.

Neophyte

You're probably right. Those damn sniping programs. I probably won't win it, but I'm gonna make damn sure whoever does is gonna pay through the nose. lol.

danofarlington

Neophyte said:
Well, the price for that Standard Stetson has gone too high for me now. I'm going to just go buy a Bluegrass Green Akubra Campdraft.

If Ebay User P***E is one of you guys, I'm going to find you :rage: !

lol lol lol lol lol
You know, it's none of my business, but I'm a little afraid of you overdosing on the Akubra-Campdraft-Open Road look. The downside would be that you might get tired of it. For example, I've got one Open Road and one Borsalino Alessandria, which I learned here is an OR knockoff. But because a lot of other hat looks are interesting, I didn't think to buy more of same just yet (except of course for the Squatter and CEO hats I've seen on the Lounge). It reminds me of when I first started to buy businesswear for work--stocked up on local department store shirts and ties, until a few weeks later I realized many of them were alike, and I was mad I had put my money into more of same, when I should have widened. I still tend to do that with clothes, although I try to fight the urge. But again, it's not my business. It's just that when I go to the closet to look at my hat collection, because hats are so specific, that I want hats of many kinds (like shoes) to go with certain kinds of clothes, and achieve a certain look, and I say to myself, these hats had better be different, or I'll be ticked off. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari