Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Beautifully done !

:eusa_clap

Rick Blaine said:
Q: Do you mean call me out as this person called you out???? HAT DIDN'T FIT. BUYER DIDN'T CARE. ACCUSED ME OF BUYERS REMORSE. OFFENSIVE MAN THE "je*k off" SEEMS TO BE YOU AND YOU SHOULD MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN TRANSACTIONS.

My reply: Yeah, that's right, I am "calling you out" cowboy. Further, we are NOT talking about me here, but YOU. YOU are NOT selling in good faith. YOU are reselling an item already purchased. YOU are in violation of Ebay seller policy: "YOU'LL need to complete the sale. Not completing a sale may be a violation of our selling practices policy and may lead to limits on YOUR selling privileges."
YOUR User Agreement states:
While using eBay sites, services and tools, YOU will not: fail to deliver items purchased from YOU, unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms, or YOU cannot authenticate the buyer's identity. GOT IT? GET IT? GOOD! Do. The. Right. Thing. YOU. Loser. YOU give all sellers a black eye, go away if YOU intend to behave without honesty & honor.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Funny thing, greed...

It looks like what, '50s Knox that's missing it's liner? (It doesn't look '30s to me... but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.)

And they think they'll get an opening bid of $186?!?!?! lol lol lol

What an idiot.

Cheers,
Tom

PS I saw their reply to your feedback, Jeff... Suspicious buyer! lol OK, a buyer with over two hundred transactions and 100% positive feedback; yeah, that's plenty suspicious! Oh, and possibly with TWO ebay accounts! :eek: (Oh, wait a minute... I have two ebay accounts! I must be suspicious, too!) :p

Hückel Plume Melone (Bowler)

Hückel Plume Melone (Bowler) probably 1930s could be older. Looks to be in very good condition.

dnUyz7b8aGOm1281799932P.jpg

Cmgb807lVL5q1281799912P.jpg

lHjTUdarvoDh1281799943P.jpg

qpw5ovRDmEdU1281799903P.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sunday, August 15, 2010 11:54 PM

Neophyte said:
:essen: Give me more!

From bohohaus: FYI - you have been reported to eBay for violation of selling practices. YOU are in violation of Ebay seller policies. Instead of reading up on other members issues - you should (as I previously stated) worry about your own eBay issues and message violations.
Email threats

Use of profanity or patently vulgar language

Members can?t send unsolicited or commercial messages to other members.

Members can?t send threatening messages to other members.

Members can?t publish the contact information of another member.

Members can?t use profanity or vulgar language.

- bohohaus

My reply: Dear bohohaus,

Oh my stars & garters, how very frightening. We will see what exactly eBay considers a more egregious violation of the rules, being a lying @sshole or reporting a lying @sshole. I do not have a dog in this fight. I wasn't the one lied to nor am I the liar. I sent you no unsolicited commercial solicitations nor any threatening messages, unless you consider my declaration to never buy from you & to warn others of your dishonest & unethical practices a threat, which it's not, it's a promise. And your contact info is printed right on your auction. Sorry, but thanks for playing, jerk.

...everyone needs a hobby, eh?
;)

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
This is the part I love: "SUSPICIOUS BUYER w/possibly 2 E-bay accounts who was refunded 100%."

Well, if the buyer is "suspicious" why did the seller need to refund payment? There is no eBay rule against having multiple accounts unless you are using them to break other rules (like shill bidding).

I don't care how "suspicious" you are, if you pay I ship.

Unfortunately, eBay cannot force a seller to ship an item. You could sue for specific performance but that would cost way more than it is worth and the seller knows that.

Maybe we need a "eBay dirtbags" sticky...

Neophyte

I wonder what this "Bohohaus" means by "other member's issues"? lol I guess she hasn't heard of TFL lol.

.........Now where did the butter and salt get to?
...Ah, there it is!

At any rate, good luck to you, JeffConnors.

Feraud

Bartender
jeffconnors said:
I filled a case, but outside of that there in not much that I am aware that I can do..
Just curious.. what will Ebay do to resolve this?
Is there an expectation that Ebay can/should hold a seller responsible for their part in this business transaction?

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Feraud said:
Just curious.. what will Ebay do to resolve this?
Is there an expectation that Ebay can/should hold a seller responsible for their part in this business transaction?

Ebay cannot force a seller to complete a transaction, nor can they force a buyer to pay.

Ebay's only power is to revoke the accounts of habitual offenders. Their basic rule of thumb is "No loss, no foul" so if the seller refunds the money they will get a "hit" but unless the seller receives multiple complaints nothing more will happen and the "hit" will go away.

I got the same threat from blowhaus

BLOWhaus:rolleyes: or whatever his/her name is, they reported me too....
I'm in the club Rick. I didn't respond though, I do tip my hat to you on yours.

QUOTE=Rick Blaine]From bohohaus: FYI - you have been reported to eBay for violation of selling practices. YOU are in violation of Ebay seller policies. Instead of reading up on other members issues - you should (as I previously stated) worry about your own eBay issues and message violations.
Email threats

Use of profanity or patently vulgar language

Members can?t send unsolicited or commercial messages to other members.

Members can?t send threatening messages to other members.

Members can?t publish the contact information of another member.

Members can?t use profanity or vulgar language.

- bohohaus

My reply: Dear bohohaus,

Oh my stars & garters, how very frightening. We will see what exactly eBay considers a more egregious violation of the rules, being a lying @sshole or reporting a lying @sshole. I do not have a dog in this fight. I wasn't the one lied to nor am I the liar. I sent you no unsolicited commercial solicitations nor any threatening messages, unless you consider my declaration to never buy from you & to warn others of your dishonest & unethical practices a threat, which it's not, it's a promise. And your contact info is printed right on your auction. Sorry, but thanks for playing, jerk.

...everyone needs a hobby, eh?
;)[/QUOTE]

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Rick Blaine said:
You will, however, note that the relisted item in question ( 250683259490) is no longer for sale. BWAHAHahahahah! :cheers1:

With a feedback rating less than 100 eBay doesn't cut sellers much slack. That seller has 18 seller feedbacks, one of which is a negative "refused to complete transaction."

Since she also has an eBay store she has a lot to lose.

Rick Blaine

I reported the greedy little cuss to eBay.

Cane Rod Maker said:
BLOWhaus:rolleyes: or whatever his/her name is, they reported me too....
I'm in the club Rick. I didn't respond though, I do tip my hat to you on yours.

My reply upon finding the auction had ended:

"Ended the auction! Doggone it! Just when I was dying to buy a terribly overpriced hat, rightfully belonging to someone else from a whinny, greedy, liar. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles, eh?"

Sometime I just can't resist, well, this -----> :deadhorse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner