Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
jeffconnors said:
Well now the seller refuses to sell the hat to me...the seller thinks its worth 205$ and relisted it as such, I would avoid this one....
Well folks, the transaction has gone though again, after much pressure from my fellows and a lot of ebay messaging I am now the proud owner of the fine hat I was the proud owner of yesterday. I think the seller has learned quite a bit from the experience and will not be repeating the action anytime soon.
So i forgive and forget and now await the hats arrival.
RICK and others ,I owe you a fine cigar !
thanks it's nice to have friends out there :)

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jim2903 said:
Just scored an Akubra Fed III Deluxe from eBay about an hour ago. Furious bidding in the final moments ... it will be my first "good" hat.

:eusa_clap Congrats, Jim. The Akubra Overload thread has been rather slow of late, mostly me posting my hats over and over...It'll be good to have someone else posting, and I haven't seen a FedIII in a long while.

:eusa_clap Also Congrats to JeffConnors! What's done is done, but you got the lid lol.

Rick Blaine

jeffconnors said:
Well folks, the transaction has gone though again, after much pressure from my fellows and a lot of ebay messaging I am now the proud owner of the fine hat I was the proud owner of yesterday. I think the seller has learned quite a bit from the experience and will not be repeating the action anytime soon.

GREAT to hear JC!
I just hate liars & bullies, geez whatta tool! Can't wait to see it.

One for the good guys.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Glad to hear it, Jeff!

I was having an interesting little exchange of e-mails with the seller myself, but not quite as, err... energetic as some others. lol

Cheers,
Tom

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Nice to hear! Congrats to all! RB, take a break and have yourself a drink... actually, I think you've had enough for right now. :eek: :p ;)

Tango, was it about the same thing? Or were you having an issue with them yourself? And I still think the Dirty Rotten Fleabay Scoundrels thread is a valid idea... but I don't want to start it.

Neophyte

I am thinking about starting such a thread, although I would be highly diplomatic in my explanation of the thread, its importance to the Lounge, and what kind of behavior is acceptable of the participants (a thread like this could easily become a flaming match or a troll haven lol).

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
Tango, was it about the same thing? Or were you having an issue with them yourself? And I still think the Dirty Rotten Fleabay Scoundrels thread is a valid idea... but I don't want to start it.

Same thing... but I was being less dramatic about it. My initial approach was along the lines of "Hey, I saw this hat was sold to someone, now it's up for sale again at a much higher price--what gives?" and went from there. I did my best to keep it from getting nasty--I figured that was being taken care of already! lol The reply was whether or not I wanted to buy the hat, and I responded that it was in my size, and I like green hats, but I'm not interested in a hat that was already sold to someone else.

I was told it was none of my business, blah blah blah.

I may collect the e-mails and post the them, but I don't really see the point now that the seller has seen the light.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. I went through something similar three years ago. I enjoyed a similar outpouring of support from my friends here at the Lounge. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap It was a bit more drawn out than this episode, though. There was a similar call for a dead-beat seller sticky thread, but it never materialized.

In the end, thanks to all the pressure I did get my Strat. :D

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
I am thinking about starting such a thread, although I would be highly diplomatic in my explanation of the thread, its importance to the Lounge, and what kind of behavior is acceptable of the participants (a thread like this could easily become a flaming match or a troll haven lol).

I'd do it myself, but I'm worried I wouldn't be quite so... ahem, diplomatic, about it myself. :p

Neophyte

Well, I have ulterior motives. I don't like to instigate conflict, but I sure do enjoy sitting on the sidelines some times with my pal Orville and my personal physician, Dr. Pepper lol!

Rick Blaine

Tango Yankee said:
Same thing... but I was being less dramatic about it. My initial approach was along the lines of "Hey, I saw this hat was sold to someone, now it's up for sale again at a much higher price--what gives?" and went from there. I did my best to keep it from getting nasty--I figured that was being taken care of already! lol The reply was whether or not I wanted to buy the hat, and I responded that it was in my size, and I like green hats, but I'm not interested in a hat that was already sold to someone else.

I was told it was none of my business, blah blah blah.

I may collect the e-mails and post the them, but I don't really see the point now that the seller has seen the light.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. I went through something similar three years ago. I enjoyed a similar outpouring of support from my friends here at the Lounge. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap It was a bit more drawn out than this episode, though. There was a similar call for a dead-beat seller sticky thread, but it never materialized.

In the end, thanks to all the pressure I did get my Strat. :D

I KNEW this had the whiff of familiarity!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
fantastic Air Light Playboy goes big
396493612_tp.jpg
396493630_tp.jpg

What a rare and gorgeous Playboy. Fantastic.

Good to hear....

I'm glad you got your hat Jeff. I guess we put the screws to Blowhaus pretty good. Was it a change of heart or do you think e-bay gave her a spankin...:eek: Just curious what she had to say to you??

jeffconnors said:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner