Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
thanks again zetwal you've your the man or tiny stuffed hippo as the case may be.
Wow if i knew Longley hats were so good i would have bid higher.
of course the family might have been a bit ticked off with chicken for Thanksgiving dinner.
oh well any other comments on this particular hat? anyone?

A few I picked up recently.

Medium brown wide brim P. & C. Habig (60-61cm). Poor photos but probably pretty nice. I am thinking 1960s.

5205458404_543566b861.jpg

5205453506_6584c34a2b.jpg

5204855833_c314620502.jpg

Dark brown wide brim Stetson Royal (probably by Mayser), size 60,61cm. This was a package deal with the above Habig. Again a poor photo.

5205453700_b6b79dd2e2_o.jpg

Brown Peschel Velour, should be around 58cm. This one is really beat up but worth the risk based on what I paid. The Velour is very nice (assuming no unfixable damage) and the style is more dress than trachten. Probably early 1960s.

5205453544_5e84dfebc2.jpg

5205453566_2bf2b51e95.jpg

Unknown straw, size 59cm. Not highend but I was attracted to the straw /weave and shape. Again didn't pay much for it.

5204855763_cb9fef121d_o.jpg

5204855963_938e481755.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Please tell me someone here got this pair:

:eusa_clap Nice score![/COLOR] :eusa_clap

Very nice--of course likeliest dating is around 1942 or slightly earlier(Sofia bombardment was worst in late '43 and'44) Could have sat in shop for some time or last shipments out of Italy in '43
before Italy invaded or bombed.

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good info rlk

Very nice--of course likeliest dating is around 1942 or slightly earlier(Sofia bombardment was worst in late '43 and'44) Could have sat in shop for some time or last shipments out of Italy in '43
before Italy invaded or bombed.

Tell me more... Having seen these, on the 'bay on & off for a few years, I have always wondered about their backstory. More details would have made them even more irresistible, I'm afraid! Still I'm sure I will regret this lost opporknockity for years to come. :eusa_doh:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I hate, hate, hate it when a seller takes forever to bother to send something. I won a cheap OR on Nov. 17. They guy didn't bother to put it in the mail until Nov. 22. And the tracking info STILL shows it as merely logged into the system. There's been no update on whereabouts since the 22nd. This frickkin' guy is in Kansas. I could have driven over to his house, picked it up, and still gotten home days ago myself at this rate!! LOL By contrast, I won a few things last Saturday (the 20th) from three different ebayers and I have already gotten delivery of all three items! Now THOSE are good sellers! It's enough to drive one to distraction.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I got this one, and it arrived today. I haven't had time to take pics of it yet, but it's gorgeous. Much to my shock, it's beaver felt! And in very, very good shape. It's a tad too large for me, but I'll live with it. When I first saw it on Ebay, I realized it would disappear within half an hour, so I did the "buy it now." This is the only great find I've ever scored on the Bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...TtWmwXQ%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

danofarlington

A few I picked up recently.

Medium brown wide brim P. & C. Habig (60-61cm). Poor photos but probably pretty nice. I am thinking 1960s.

5205458404_543566b861.jpg

I like the Habig quite a bit. You and RLK travel in different circles than I do in hat purchases. It would be great to bid on some of those European sites. I'll have to Google them. Then again, I might spend money I shouldn't.

danofarlington

Please tell me someone here got this pair:

borso2-1.jpg

Bulgarian Borso 2

...and thank you. I was trying to rationalize buying these all afternoon & just couldn't, tho I dunno how much longer I could have not.

:eusa_clap Nice score!
:eusa_clap

I bought a Borsalino hat that looks very similar from a seller in Peru over the summer. Don't know where the hat was made. The felt seems like beaver felt to me. It's got a 2 3/4" brim and is fast becoming my "go to" hat.

Rick Blaine

I got this one, and it arrived today. I haven't had time to take pics of it yet, but it's gorgeous. Much to my shock, it's beaver felt! And in very, very good shape. It's a tad too large for me, but I'll live with it. When I first saw it on Ebay, I realized it would disappear within half an hour, so I did the "buy it now." This is the only great find I've ever scored on the Bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...TtWmwXQ%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

WELL DONE! What a beaut'!

danofarlington

Fantabulous. That one provokes envy within. My kind of hat, although not my size! Right there is a big reason why I visit EBay only occasionally. The temptation to go for some of the hats is just too great. As you know, I can resist anything except temptation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart