Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

RayR

One of the Regulars
Great eBay buy!

I feel very fortunate to have gotten this excellent Adventurebilt, Steve Delk hat a few weeks ago on eBay. And it's great for my first post =)
This fedora is in excellent condition. It is a charcoal gray and I've tightened the pinch since these shots were taken. Steve tells me it is one of his earlier hats. It has already gotten several unexpected compliments. Such quality, I love it. I am going to have him make one just for me next.

SD1.jpg

sd4.jpg

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I feel very fortunate to have gotten this excellent Adventurebilt, Steve Delk hat a few weeks ago on eBay. And it's great for my first post =)
This fedora is in excellent condition. It is a charcoal gray and I've tightened the pinch since these shots were taken. Steve tells me it is one of his earlier hats. It has already gotten several unexpected compliments. Such quality, I love it. I am going to have him make one just for me next.

SD1.jpg

sd4.jpg

Nice one, Ray, and welcome. I was watching that hat, but not with the intent to buy it. Being an IJ fan, I especially like both Steve's, and John Penman's work.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Welcome to the Lounge!

That's a beauty of a hat right there. I seriously considered throwing a bid in there, but it was a size large for me.

Cheers,

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender

Glad you like the hat, and that you found the Lounge. It's definitely got some stories to tell.

Last edited:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
It was funny. I am about sick of everything being called a Whippet these days. I've even seen plaid woolie trilbys with the word Whippet in the auction description!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was funny. I am about sick of everything being called a Whippet these days. I've even seen plaid woolie trilbys with the word Whippet in the auction description!

I don't blame them. I'm thinking of adding Whippet to the description when I go to sell my 1994 Saturn in the hopes that it will increase the value. Maybe then I can at least get the $249 for it.

SD1.jpg

sd4.jpg

That's a great catch right out of the gate! but be warned, the more time you spend on here, your wallet will become thin and your closets will become full!

GWD

One Too Many

That's why I put that in the description, it's amazing what they'll tag with "Whippet" these days.

My Whippet purchases and re-sells are the only investments in the last 2 years that have done well. I have two more, but I love them too much to part with them.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New (to me) Peter Bros. "Michaelson Indy" Borsalino- Clipper Gray

indyborso3-1.jpg

indyborso1-1.jpg

Indyborso2-1.jpg

Stoopid cheap on a BIN some months back. Nice felt, my first time to handle a contemporary Borsalino. Can't compare to vintage, needless to say, for one thing; the felt is much thicker. A thickness not unlike a western, but soft w/ very little stiffener it seems. It's quire resistant to stretching up a size & staying there. :mad:
I'm thinking I need to bring more steam to the party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn