Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
No, I'd like a respectable price and a happy new home and owner. I simply don't want to lose money. Thats why I usually offer a BIN at what I think is the value of the hat. Call me un-American.

Many ebay'd hats are probably obtained for very small amounts of money(not much luck on that for me).

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I usually (not always) offer hats up to the lounge before I put them on eBay - first for trade and then for sale. Many don't make it to eBay - but once they do of course I hope to get a fair price for them. I do have to get funds for more hats ;)

I have been buying up hats like crazy and keeping the ones that I feel were made for me - the others move along. It is cool to see a hat that didn't really work well for me be that perfect match for a lounger.

Steve - I knew that you'd go for that one. Panamas aside this is the only Mayser I've seen so far with what seems to be a pug . I think you're probably right about the age, but it could even be from the very early 60's. With its unlined crown and the label it reminds me a lof of my beige 1961 Mayser Superbe. Great score! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

How's it about those Mayser Homburg(s). Any luck?

Yes it could be very early 1960s. I think will have a pug type ribbon finish. The heather felt looks really nice.

I ended up winning the unusual (liner, sweat and giant amount of curl) Echter Mayser Homburg. I am interested to see this one. It appears to be of very high quality and super condition. Shown open crown in the photos.

!CEJz6CQEGk~$(KGrHqIOKocE0h!WGQ-MBNRBbDVcQw~~_12.JPG

!CEJz99QBWk~$(KGrHqUOKi8EzwfCV8mbBNRBbRSPh!~~_12.JPG

!CEJ0B1QCWk~$(KGrHqIOKiYE0D7!,ErOBNRBbgRVW!~~_12.JPG

!CEJ0Fg!!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKpYE0VG+7Eg+BNRBbtqiz!~~_12.JPG

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
So, in my quest for a black homburg I took a bit of a gamble. I picked up this Chasidic style hat by Cellini.The style looks to be pretty good, with the nice curled brim, tall crown which is clearly shapable, and even a wind trolley. However, I have no idea what the material is, it could be wool for all I know, but I think it might be okay. I hope I can clean it to be alright.

So, in my quest for a black homburg I took a bit of a gamble. I picked up this Chasidic style hat by Cellini.The style looks to be pretty good, with the nice curled brim, tall crown which is clearly shapable, and even a wind trolley. However, I have no idea what the material is, it could be wool for all I know, but I think it might be okay. I hope I can clean it to be alright.

Mazel Tov. It should be worth the price... Hassidic Jews are serious about their hats.

Interesting! I see it has a Barbisio cm size tag. I would think its fur felt. Look forward to the detail shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic