Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Just won my first ever Stetson. Only question I have is I am going to wear this as a pork pie because of the short brim. Would you guys keep the top as a center dent or try and change it up?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_3663wt_702

Nice! I think you may mean you may have to wear it brim up (you don't have to if you don't want) instead of pork pie. You can't have a center dent and a true pork pie at the same time. I may be wrong - I'm still learning also. :)

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
yes that is a better way to put it. What I was pretty much asking was does the hat look good as is or should I get a nice telescope crown to make it a legit pork pie. Or any other suggestions?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
yes that is a better way to put it. What I was pretty much asking was does the hat look good as is or should I get a nice telescope crown to make it a legit pork pie. Or any other suggestions?

I would say wait for it to arrive, try it as is, and then see.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab

I'm not a pork pie guy, but you might be. I would dry bash it into several different bashes and see what you feel most comfortable in.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Well I love pork pies but at the same time don't want to ruin a good Stetson. I am really just pumped I got my first Stetson. My only worry is brim length since the smallest one I own is around 2 inch and this one is 1 3/4 I believe

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Well I love pork pies but at the same time don't want to ruin a good Stetson. I am really just pumped I got my first Stetson. My only worry is brim length since the smallest one I own is around 2 inch and this one is 1 3/4 I believe

I doubt you can "ruin" it just by re-creasing it. If it is a good Stetson you should be able to try all sorts of creases without affecting the hat negatively.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Have fun with it. It is listed as wool but I think as a royal deluxe that it is fur felt Oh and by the way I was bidding against you.

Jeff

Alex

Practically Family
Congrats Teach on your first Stetson! I'd say just mess with it a bit, as others have suggested, to see what you like best.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
LOL I am just glad I got it because as a previous poster said I am pretty sure it is fur felt not wool as the auction listed so it will be another first for me, my first felt

Levallois

Practically Family
I wanted a black fedora - don't ask me why because I don't know - it's nothing to do with religion unless you count hat wearing (and buying) as a religious experience. Anyway, it looks like I won this early Stetson - 1920s maybe? Even if it's 1930s it would be my oldest hat. More than I was thinking of spending but it was exactly what I was looking for in size and shape.

BlackHat.jpg

BlackHat3.jpg

BlackHat5.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I wanted a black fedora - don't ask me why because I don't know - it's nothing to do with religion unless you count hat wearing (and buying) as a religious experience. Anyway, it looks like I won this early Stetson - 1920s maybe? Even if it's 1930s it would be my oldest hat. More than I was thinking of spending but it was exactly what I was looking for in size and shape.

That's awesome!

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I wanted a black fedora - don't ask me why because I don't know - it's nothing to do with religion unless you count hat wearing (and buying) as a religious experience.

No reason to feel squeamish about getting a black fedora! Only today do people have the mistaken notion that they are "too formal" or somehow just for religious folks. Back in the hey day of fedoras they were worn as everyday wear. I have four black ones myself.

And, I agree. You have a 20s-30s era Stetson there.

Nice shootin'... a very interesting old Stetson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn