Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I believe that price designation is far more rare than recent auction results suggest. There has been a glut of 20s and 40s lately.

That binding style is always indicative of one of two things - either a broken-down homburg, which this does not seem to be, or a Bold Look hat.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
It certainly does appear to be a Bold Look hat. Interesting observation regarding price designation hats versus their 'generic' siblings. Period ads and the sampling of surviving examples that come to auction can definitely skew the perception of their ubiquity.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Stetson clock
yeg.JPG

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mine. :D Happened to stumble across it when it had about 6 minutes left in the auction. Took a quick look, then did something I rarely do--bid without using a sniper. Since I use Hughes.net that's taking a large chance that my bid won't go through in a timely manner, but it worked out this time.

Cheers,
Tom

Excellent! Glad you came away with it. :thumb:

Look forward to some better photos when you receive it.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Under the heading of "There's no accounting for what happens on eBay" we have this Stetson 4X of undertermined size and no liner going for $242. Excuse me, I mean this "Spanish American War Style - Campaign Hat Stetson."

$(KGrHqZ,!kwE1LE+cVU-BNfQn-fV,!~~_3.JPG

[huh]

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters