Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Ande1964

Practically Family
Lefty said:
I've been sniped by a Lounger.

Congrats Ande.
c5bc_1.JPG

Oofa! Hat showed up today. Pretty nice, and very tiny. It's probably a 7 1/4... maybe even smaller. I have asked about a return.

Oh, the wind trolley evident in the photo seems to have been cut off, as well. Sheesh! I'll bring that up with the seller if they are reluctant about the return.

Such are the perils of the bay!

Anj

warbird

One Too Many
Ande1964 said:
Oofa! Hat showed up today. Pretty nice, and very tiny. It's probably a 7 1/4... maybe even smaller. I have asked about a return.

Oh, the wind trolley evident in the photo seems to have been cut off, as well. Sheesh! I'll bring that up with the seller if they are reluctant about the return.

Anj

hold up. 7 1/4./.. is it nice and soft? That would fit me.... what ya want for it. Me or another lounger may want that if it saves the hassle.

warbird

One Too Many
Won this on ebay today. My first win EVER! Not sure if what they have listed for its age is correct. Judging by the vintage Dobbs I have it is very similar. But, seems a good price none the less.

I also hope the brim is 2 1/2 like they say. Hard to tell in a pic sometimes. Less than 2 1/2 is too short for me.

I have quite a few 2 to 2 1/4" brimmed vintage hats including a really nice Pilgrim I should just sell. They are all size 7, too small and too short a brim. But, they were handed down to me. So I have to decide do I keep something I'll never wear, or sell them to folks who would wear them and love them. Maybe I should keep one or two and sell the rest? What would you guys do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110307590057

191625461_o.jpg

191629679_o.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
This one looks promising -- a Dobbs "Planter's Punch" with a sales receipt for $20 dating to 1963...

DobbsPanama1.jpg

DobbsPanama2.jpg

DobbsPanama3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Nice Dobbs, Jimmy. I wondered who snagged that one. If it turns out to be really UGLY, PLease let me know. ;) :)

Ande1964

Practically Family
warbird said:
hold up. 7 1/4./.. is it nice and soft? That would fit me.... what ya want for it. Me or another lounger may want that if it saves the hassle.

It is a nice hat, but I don't think it's worth what I paid at the smaller size. I'm gonna send it back.

Thanks,
Anj

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
prev. listed as 7 1/4 !!!!!!

Ande1964 said:

Anj

I had bid on it, then remembered the doll, this was previously listed as a 7 1/4.
No the email has been deleated. However, I feel the seller did that on purpose to make it look like a 5/8's
I will keep looking for that email
:rage: :rage:

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
I had to go back and read the discription again, that is funny. But in reality I guess a lot of non hat people think this way. We live in a ball cap world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart