Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been watching this hat for a few days and I wonder if it wold be a good first hat. It is the right size and I really like the color. What is your opinion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/rare-vtg-50s-DO...s=63&clkid=8405176999299499223#ht_3582wt_1139

If you like the looks of it, then it's the right hat. The price is right. An attractive one, I like the proportions of crown and brim. Go for it. When you see something you like, especially as a beginner, in whatever kind of clothing, you have to buy it when you see it, or you may regret it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
From $15 to $126 in two weeks. This hat certainly appreciates quickly.
463268904_tp.jpg
463268719_tp.jpg
463268620_tp.jpg

not mine
Yet another Stetson model I've never seen - in an ad or as a hat. Take out the pins and it's a winner.
HatCo sued Stetson over the name, claiming that a Railbird was identical to the Dobbs Gamebird. Stetson won.
Royal Stetson Railbird, 7 1/8
railbird2.jpg

railbird1.jpg

railbird.jpg

red71veloce

Familiar Face
It sure was. That was going to be mine, and of course got sniped by two people at the last minute. The first one didn't get me, but the second did. :mad::rage::rant::mad2:

Sorry.......that was me......I've been second or third so much lately......but I do feel a little bad.

Tracy

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah. I finally found some nice hats in 59cm and 60cm, but I am pessimistic about my chances against the more...proactive members of the Lounge lol.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Chin up, Alexander my good man, it will make that first vintage lid you score for a reasonable outlay that much sweeter. There are still occasional BIN listings for nice hats, so keep your eyes peeled.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Sorry.......that was me......I've been second or third so much lately......but I do feel a little bad.

Tracy

LOL. Don't feel bad. Im honestly not mad at all. Im glad a fellow lounger got it. Is all part of the "hat game." Ive gotten so many hats this past month, I needed to loose this one. Please post lots of pics when you get it!!! :):)

Alex

Practically Family
Yeah. I finally found some nice hats in 59cm and 60cm, but I am pessimistic about my chances against the more...proactive members of the Lounge lol.

Yeah it's definitely tougher for heads our size and a smaller budget size. I have managed to pick up some nice BINs, as Al has mentioned. I recently saw a whippet styled Courtney BIN for a decent price, I hope a lounger got it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner