Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

scooter

Practically Family
Well, I will bow to the wisdom of those who came before me. You guys have been at this longer than I have, but that Strat was one nice hat. Mint, zephyr weight, 7 3/8 LO. Just what the doctor ordered! But as Tom said, heaven knows what the other guys top bid might have been, I might have been doing nothing but enriching the seller.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Got my latest Ebay purchase today, a Cavanagh. This has to be the best $71 I ever spent:
DSCN0915.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Another Stetson model I hadn't seen until now. Stetson Spectator, 6 7/8. stitched brim, heathered felt - and blue. What a great hat.
I go to the seller's shop now and then, but she has more than half of her inventory at her home, and never brings the hats to the shop.
466882866_tp.jpg
466882893_tp.jpg
466883020_tp.jpg
466882914_tp.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Heck, I went for it in the closing seconds, just because it was too cheap. Unfortunately, my $35 bid was a little late.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I like the Question at the bottom of the web page.

Q: Say, would you do a buy it now for $30 or so?
A: No thank you, we can't accept a buy it now that low. Thank you for your interest and please feel free to bid.

They could have gotten 7 more dollars. they thought they had something there.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I thought about bidding on that Spectator as well, thinking that my grandson might wear it in a few years. Then I considered that perhaps whomever had put in the first bid might actually be able to wear it, and opted not to go for it.

Cheers,
Tom

That's an old state trooper hat. There are slots on the sides of the crown for a leather strap to go around the crown and through the brim to place under the chin or around the back of the head for stability, kind of like a stampeder strap.
$(KGrHqQOKpEE1rfz)z,9BNgBdsG!Ww~~0_3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart