Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatsEnough

Banned
3X Mode Edge, Felt Ribbon/band

I have never seen one like this one. It is the oddest color, too. It is a sort of grayish green. At first it seems gray, but in the right light it has a decidedly green cast to it.

green01m.jpg

green03.jpg

green04a.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Never having had a Borso but thinking I need one has caused me to bid on a number of them but "always the brides maid and never the bride", I end up watching them sucked away from me to the point of figuring I would never get to experience one myself.
My good friend Alex, here on FL pointed me in this direction today and I jumped! It will need a bit of a stretch to get it back into size but hoping it's well worth the try for this wide brimmed sexy Italian!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150609306447&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Any opinions?

You are going to love the lines of the hat and the suple hat material. I love the color!

Eric, I just picked up a "Borso." The first of such brand for me (a novice hat wearer). My eye is drawn to it when it is on the hat stand. Something about the unique lines of the hat make it speak to me to put it on. I have not had experience with the long term wearability of the hat, but for now it speaks "wear me."

As a more experienced hat person, you know that every hat has it's utility. Not better/best/gold medal, rather it is up to us to match the circumstances with the accoutrement. I see many occassions to wear my hat in the upcoming months/years.

Enjoy the supple, sleek hat. Best wishes,Eric -

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not sure what this is going to turn out like... but it piqued my interest....
$(KGrHqQOKigE3D48Hu(DBNzEBIE,Hg~~_3.JPG

That looks just like a hat that was featured in a recent New York Times article posted here in the last three months about the revival of men's hats. One of the male runway models in the photos accompanying the article had a wide-brim hat much like that one, I believe also green.

Rick Blaine

eBAY! THE S.O.B.'s SENT ME TO MY ROOM FOR A WEEK!

All for using the word "Clone" in a title. :mad::mad::mad:

It must have sent up a red flag cuz:

Your listing has been removed.

Please be advised that it's against the law to sell unauthorized replicas of brand name products, so we don't permit them to be sold on eBay. Your listing was removed as it was found to be non-compliant of this policy. Please do not relist.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

It's against the law to sell unauthorized replicas of brand name products. Accordingly, listings for unauthorized replicas are not permitted on eBay.
... Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

...so do not use the terms "Open Road Clone" or "Stratoliner Clone" or "Whippet Clone" or just "Clone" alone. [huh]

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY! After 15 yrs. on eBay- boy-o-boy do they ever have me seein' red! IDIOTS!!!!

Last edited:

Razzman

One Too Many
Ebay sellers do it every day. Perhaps they received a complaint. I suppose you could say "Whippet or Stratoliner" style? I do agree with you, it's dumb, but possiby confusing to buyers. Although none of us here at the FL would be confused.

Rick Blaine

Ebay sellers do it every day. Perhaps they received a complaint. I suppose you could say "Whippet or Stratoliner" style? I do agree with you, it's dumb, but possiby confusing to buyers. Although none of us here at the FL would be confused.

That's the doggone thing, it wasn't live, it wasn't even STARTING for two more days! I think they are cracking down of fakes & this may have been scooped up in the same net.

HatsEnough

Banned
It is a sensible auto flag when thinking of the millions of items and hundreds of thousands of categories ebay has to police, I think. That "clone" does not mean something bad in fedoras would make it one of the few items that it wouldn't.

I bought this with my cell phone while driving to NYC last week... somewhat dearer than I had hoped, but it does the hat make. Harry, on the other hand, thinks I'm nuts.

Not Lefty's.

stratpin2.jpg

stratpin1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24