Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatsEnough

Banned
Wow, Lefty. And again, I'd have thought that a Stetson 100 in a case and all would have gone over $400! But it only got to $305.
Prices are falling... maybe because it's finally Summer and people are busy? Maybe felts will climb back up in the fall?

Stetson 100 with case (maybe a Beaver 100 like the one I had - I can't see the front of the sweat well enough) from Morris Mens Shop at the Stock Yard Inn, Chicago

Stetson 100, I believe, with rounded black size tag and non-perforated sweat... a little earlier than the one you posted. Big freight charge, though it looks nice and sold at a good price.

BTW, I have two cases from different hats and only one had keys. The key seems generic and operates the lock in both of the cases. Not sure if the blanks are available, but if you have a keyless case, send me a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I know it's earlier than mine, but I don't know when those Beaver 100s arrived. As far as I know, we've only seen a couple and it certainly wouldn't be the first time that names, markings, or other dating cues proved to be a bit inconsistent in a Stetson transition.

To me, that seemed like a pretty substantial price for the hat, given that it's a later example (though earlier than the one I had) and that it's a small size. Still, it's in great condition and comes with the case. Plus, I'm basing this on what I think is reflected by previous sales. Comparing these to the prices of modern customs, any 100 in good condition, under $500 is an absolute steal.

pw038.jpg

pw036-2.jpg

pw035-2.jpg

I threw out a bid on this one just for laughs. It has a 5 3/4 inch crown with a 2 inch ribbon.
The brim is about 2 1/2 inches. The unreeded sweat is 2 inches. The brim has a stitched overwelt edge.
THe color is a dark brown. It needs a steam and brush, but looks like it will clean up nicely.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That old lid has some character! To my eye it looks like a different hat entirely from the front vs. the side. And I guess the greenish hue in the photo isn't really there . . . Interesting, anyhow. Hope you win it.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
♬ Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum... ♫ ♪

I took a chance & blindly hoped this joker knew of what he spoke...

mysteryfed1.jpg

mysteryfed4.jpg

mysteryfed5.jpg

mysterfed2.jpg

mysteryfed3.jpg

and hit it! Seemingly refurbished vintage, or very high quality contemporary felt without a clue as to make or maker, retailer or region, but with butter soft, malleable, high quality fur felt. What the guys over at COW would call "floppy". Great proportions - 5 3/4" taper free crown & 2.5" brim, generic leather sweat (says only "Genuine Fur Felt") & liner with an 'arf 'arssed generic "crest" graphic, beneath the liner is a chalked "60" which is dead on and the enigmatic label, shown.

Whatever from wherever... [huh] the felt is outstanding! Once in a while... it pays off & people really DO have what they think!

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
Oh my word, how did I overlook that hat! Good for you, Rick, but you might have some competition had I noticed it!

Nice "plum" you picked up Rick Blaine!

Thanks for comments guys. The pictures are mine, I changed the brim from the second pic to the last, which is why it looks different. It's a brand I've never heard of, The American Fashion Hat.
Unfortunately, lost Ebay link. I think price with shipping was about $35. I will get better shots when cleaned up and on my head!
Also, the brim is only 2 1/4, not 2 1/2 (typo).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff