Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Thought of bidding but was a little concerned about some visible remnants of a previous crease. Probably would have been fine with a bit of steam (steamer on order).

I would have too, but I already have a plethora of OR style hats. A good steaming would definitely take care of that crease, you made a good investment!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I
mysteryfed1.jpg

If it's a 7 1/8, I think you should sell it to me. You are getting sleepy...sleepy...sleepier...when I snap my fingers, you will sell it to me. Snap!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I expected the Misto to go for much more as well, the bidding was getting quite high a few days ago. Very nice hat, but a little large for me.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
another derby marked with a smile - Someone posted one of these not too long ago. Josh? Buler?

478458586_tp.jpg

Is this an early (possibly DIY) version of a lapel cord?
478458648_tp.jpg
478458684_tp.jpg

478458667_tp.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
pw041.jpg

American Fashion Hat, seen above, from Ebay. I don't usually wear a fedora like this with a T-shirt, but you can get the idea. This will be put in storage for the summer, now.

Excellent Hat, hatophile! Great dimensions, and it really looks great on you. If the weather by you is anything like Chicago today, that felt hat would be drenched with sweat 5 seconds after leaving the house. I wore a straw today and I was still sweating by the time I got to work. Can't wait to see more of that hat this winter!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Did anyone get this one?? Way to big for me, but I threw a bid in anyway.
It looked like an old soft hat to me. The sweatband was pretty wide, the brim had that nice turn of the century curl, the sweatband had "v" stitching, and the crown was obviously a "soft" felt. Might even date to the late 1890's. I'd be real interested in seeing high definition pictures of this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=200614041603&si=aEFVm%252FdenFDCuzE%252FO2glM%252BnRvDk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT

bl2fedora02.jpg

bl2fedora01.jpg

bl2fedora06.jpg

Yeah, it's definitely too warm for a dark colored felt. My straws are waiting in the wings.

It may just be me and my sweat glands, but I'm finding a lightweight felt just as comfortable in the heat as many of my straw hats. It may be the insulating value of felt at work here. That said, I wouldn't want to go for a run in either.

be cool,
Alan

I won it. I had never heard of this model before and to get a Stetson this old was hard to pass up.

I look forward to seeing pictures when you receive it. This is the only other one I've come across during my time on the lounge. I don't have Dinerman's original ebay post, but I think the old advertisements and some of this seller's description came from that listing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff