Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here

scooter

Practically Family
Yes, Justin, you would be the culprit.

Yep, Dano, I really liked that hat and thought $75 would do the trick, but I was not crushed when I got outbid. I'm kinda waiting for that new Strat, but looking for any "good" deals I might stumble into along the way. You know how this addiction goes!!

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
P-38 Lightning

001rmy.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
That P-38 looks like it's been on that hat for quite a while. Without knowing any of the history of the hat or the owner it makes a fellow wonder if the gent who pinned it on flew P-38s in the war.

Cheers,
Tom

frussell

One Too Many
We've got a nice air museum nearby, and the guy who put most of the planes in there had a P-38 at one time. Like all his planes, he took it out for a spin once in a while. Imagine my surprise, riding horseback with a bunch of tourists and seeing that fly overhead. Pretty cool.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I like the P-38 pin on that hat, it really fits in what I would call "the period" for something vintage. Humm....maybe someone should have Stetson make a more "detailed" strat and call it a P-38 edition!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Imagine my surprise, riding horseback with a bunch of tourists and seeing that fly overhead. Pretty cool.

Pardon me while I go :eek:fftopic: for a moment, but you just reminded me of a time I was in England for a BMW motorcycle rally. We were getting ready to head out on a ride, and I was just about to put on my helmet when I heard the sound of a large prop-driven aircraft. I looked up, expecting to see something like a C-130. Imagine my surprise when I realized what I was looking at was a B-17!!! :shocked: I stood and stared open-mouthed as long as it was in view.

It was an amazing sight! (And sound, for that matter!)

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
I'm not sure how I overlooked that Dobbs, but you might have had some competition if I had noticed. Wear it in good health!!

Herzen

One of the Regulars
Yeah, that was me. The bidding ended at something like 2:30am EST, so I put up a not especially high bid and went to bed. I was shocked this morning to find that I had won it. I'm curious to get my hands on it and see what I'm dealing with...

This arrived yesterday and had a few issues. Critter damage mostly, though a little dirt as well. I took it up to Buffalo and left it in Gary White's capable hands. Wish I had thought to take a few "before" pics...

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This arrived yesterday and had a few issues. Critter damage mostly, though a little dirt as well. I took it up to Buffalo and left it in Gary White's capable hands. Wish I had thought to take a few "before" pics...

Does Gary White repair moth damage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112