Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

MikePotts

Practically Family
Bollman made Borsos from the early 80s into the 90s (I believe that's the period) under license. Search Bollman and Borsalino and you'll find plenty of posts by besdor that probably narrow it down further.

From the Borso Brotherhood:

Great info Lefty, Thanks! a lesson learned (fairly cheaply) for me!

MP

edit: the lining does state 'Made in Italy'

Last edited:

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, I looked at that one and assumed it was a CB. You are right though, there isn't the usual Clear Beaver mark anywhere to be seen.
JBS certainly made a lot of variants.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've been watching that thing for the past three weeks and it's killing me that no one is buying it. I could see that being my everyday hat.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Is it weird for an ebay seller to have been a member since May of 2010, but have absolutely no feedback buying or selling?

Similarly, is it weird for a seller to indicate that my zip code on paypal "appears to be incorrect and is not allowing the printing of a shipping label" (I double checked and everything is correct on my account)?

On a positive note, the seller does appear to be friendly and communicative.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
At times eBay will do some odd things, my Wife made several purchases recently, each time some sort of "alert" popped up stating that there was an outstanding dispute and that the payment would not go through to paypal until it was settled. There was no outstanding dispute and she just did the "pay now" step again and it finally went through. And, why would eBay place a hold on a buyer's money or account even if there was some dispute? Made no sense!

...Similarly, is it weird for a seller to indicate that my zip code on paypal "appears to be incorrect and is not allowing the printing of a shipping label" (I double checked and everything is correct on my account)?

Computerized shipping software for UPS and USPS will check addresses against a standardized database for accuracy. If a mismatch in street address or zip it will stop for correction before allowing the shipment to continue to be processed. This can be a headache.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
At times eBay will do some odd things, my Wife made several purchases recently, each time some sort of "alert" popped up stating that there was an outstanding dispute and that the payment would not go through to paypal until it was settled. There was no outstanding dispute and she just did the "pay now" step again and it finally went through. And, why would eBay place a hold on a buyer's money or account even if there was some dispute? Made no sense!

Isn't that weird? I bought an item two weeks ago, paid via Paypal, and ebay elected to hold my money until the seller shipped the item (I called ebay to ask about the problem, and they actually told me that). Well, the seller won't ship it, because she can't get the money. I don't blame her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou