Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks to be six rows, though they aren't evenly spaced. Alan has a similar Stetson but with different proportions and his has 3 well spaced rows of decorative stitch.

Been spending some time this weekend sniffing around in left field by myself. No one else bid on this 1930s No.1 quality campaign hat. I owe some inventory in trade with Donna's costume shop... I expect this one will find a home there after I take some pictures.

This cap was also receiving no love. I think I will enjoy this one if I can coax it up a size.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Rare bargain on ebay

$(KGrHqV,!iME6SsTM)TYBOwJJGBTug~~60_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...44&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:1123#ht_500wt_1413
Knox, Lee (7-1/4)and Mallory(7-1/2) + Women's + box.

Last edited:

Lt.Sam

Banned
Could I ask a question of the room? I see some sellers have reserve prices or high first bid prices. Does this deter you from bidding?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Could I ask a question of the room? I see some sellers have reserve prices or high first bid prices. Does this deter you from bidding?

Yes, this deters me from bidding ... with one exception: when the high first bid (opening bid price) is deterring other folks from bidding, and --though high-- is less than the product might fetch if other folks were bidding it up. If I see that the auction is ending and no one has bid, than I'll put in a snipe bid on that 'high' opening bid price.

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Now that I've received it, I can mention this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290629398862?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The seller was a little confused; instead of "virtually unworn" it was filthy, but the dirt was pretty even over the entire hat, which was otherwise in excellent condition. I'm hoping that a decent cleaning will make all of the difference. I am having it cleaned at Milwaukee's new hat store, Brass Rooster.

This is my first Stetson Royal Deluxe. Very nice felt; I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, though I am close to having all of the various colors that I want.

Tom

DJH

I'll Lock Up
rather substantive to me too!!! but I expected a VS to go for much more, I suppose, considering they're almost $400 new. Maybe I'm miscalibrated.

Jeff, I've noticed that VS hats generally seem to sell for what I see as bargain prices - heck, I've taken advantage of this myself.

I suspect this is because a big part of the fun of getting a hat made by Art (or any of the custom hatmakers) is that we have a stake in the design, it becomes part of us.

When buying a used one, this fun part of the process isn't there and it is just another hat - a very nice one, but without that personal attachment which is a big part of the original value.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
The torn sweat is an additional bonus but does not suggest it has ever been worn.[huh]
Aha! I wondered if that was a tear, but talked myself out of it. So maybe the breakdown should be:

Hat Box = $25
Moth Bite = $400
Sweat Split = $75
Hat = $100

Unknown Provenance = Priceless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21