Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

randooch

I'll Lock Up
The biggest Coke can ever!

$(KGrHqN,!hEE6bJImBRMBO0GwiNOk!~~60_12.JPG

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yikes. I'm not sure I could ever justify 300 smackers on a vintage bowler. Maybe a custom one-- a magic one. Then again my bargain basket bowlers almost always have some kind of flaw, large or small, except for the 1928 Kauffmann.

davidg

New in Town
I had just made my first sale on Ebay. Based on other advise, I started the bid price at a minimum acceptable amount to me, then put in a BIN price at what I would like to get. Apparently I put too low a price as the hat was BIN'd about 2 hours after I posted it. Even though I could have gotten quite a bit more for the hat (based on advice from someone on this board) I didn't know it then, so I consider it an "educational experience" and STILL got more for it than it originally cost.

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I had just made my first sale on Ebay. Based on other advise, I started the bid price at a minimum acceptable amount to me, then put in a BIN price at what I would like to get. Apparently I put too low a price as the hat was BIN'd about 2 hours after I posted it. Even though I could have gotten quite a bit more for the hat (based on advice from someone on this board) I didn't know it then, so I consider it an "educational experience" and STILL got more for it than it originally cost.

Sell quickly, make a little money, and move on. Sounds like a very positive experience.

Congrats on your first eBay sale ... :yo:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Couldn't resist another . . .

. . . Resistol: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160686073254

The seller isn't sure it is wool felt, and from what I've read here, a Resistol Pacesetter was not an inexpensive or cheaply made hat. Its size of 6 7/8 deterred me for a bit. When I asked, the seller said the interior circumference was 21.5 inches, and I run about 21.75, so I may have to do some stretching. Then again, a hat interior isn't always easy to measure; and while my recent Royal Stetson was tagged at 6 7/8, it turned out I needed to pad it very slightly for a good fit.

For 19.95 + shipping, and with a 7-day return policy, I guess it was worth a try!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
As we often see, two bidders both want something pretty badly and up goes the price.
Either could have bought the hat for a shade over $150 if the other wasn't playing.
Very nice hat though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic