Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I was watching this Stetson. When it first posted it only had the first picture and I almost pulled the BIN trigger but didn't. I checked back later and a couple of pictures had been added which forced me to pull the trigger.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
No one is claiming the 70s :eusa_doh: Knox? It seems that sellers are always off, whether they're guesses are decades early or late.

This is the second long hair that I've been outbidded on in a week. I'm kind of getting a little fed up with ebay. Prices are ALL OVER the map these days on ANY size vintage hat. I thought for sure that a small 6 7/8 hat with half the sweatband stitching torn out would have stayed below $100 for sure. [huh]

SteveAS

Practically Family
It's not mine because of the modest crown and 2-1/4" brim, but this is a nice piece of Italian felt for $55, plus shipping!

A647.JPG

It's not mine because of the modest crown and 2-1/4" brim, but this is a nice piece of Italian felt for $55, plus shipping!

Definitely. I aaaaaaalmost placed a bid, but I was driving and have a couple and, after all, it does have fewer Xs than Elizabeth Taylor. My experience is that the Borsalino punti 4 1/2 is often on the wee side of 7, though the Marque Grand Luxe with reeded sweat does stretch pretty well.

I passed on the Borso but jumped in to a similar depth for Ephraim's Knox 20 Westlite. Have good experience with the 20's but none with Knox dress westerns. I do love these Knox logo trolley buttons!

knox_button.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is the second long hair that I've been outbidded on in a week. I'm kind of getting a little fed up with ebay. Prices are ALL OVER the map these days on ANY size vintage hat. I thought for sure that a small 6 7/8 hat with half the sweatband stitching torn out would have stayed below $100 for sure. [huh]

:arated:

Dubya

One of the Regulars
Ah, so it was you!
Congrats, let us know how you like it. I wasn't willing to go over $100.

Hello EggHead!

Sorry about that Old Boy, but just had to have it! Finding a hat like that, with those proportions is as rare as hens teeth in England. You have a far better selection of Fedoras that come up on the market in the US I find.
The hat arrived a couple of days ago, and I am very pleased indeed with it. It needed a good brush down, as it was dusty, and there is a small stain on the hat ribbon, but I can live with that!
To be honest, I'm not sure how old it really is, but the dimensions (which were what I was looking for) seem to be 1920's style - tall 5" crown, 2 3/8" brim and 2" hat ribbon. The colour is a very chocolate brown with slightly lighter ribbon - and fits me a dream! It's a 7 1/4 US size (7 1/8 UK)

Here is me and the very hat enjoying tea at the Ritz Hotel in London

Apologies its a bit blurry, but the lighting in there was a bit subdued :)

EggHead

Practically Family
Hey Dubya,
Looks nice on you! (Would fit me well too)
I was interested in it because it was a British made hat, but I have 2 other similar brown fedoras, so this was more of a curiosity.
I am glad you put to good use - enjoy!
Cheers, EH

Hello EggHead!

Sorry about that Old Boy, but just had to have it! Finding a hat like that, with those proportions is as rare as hens teeth in England. You have a far better selection of Fedoras that come up on the market in the US I find.
The hat arrived a couple of days ago, and I am very pleased indeed with it. It needed a good brush down, as it was dusty, and there is a small stain on the hat ribbon, but I can live with that!
To be honest, I'm not sure how old it really is, but the dimensions (which were what I was looking for) seem to be 1920's style - tall 5" crown, 2 3/8" brim and 2" hat ribbon. The colour is a very chocolate brown with slightly lighter ribbon - and fits me a dream! It's a 7 1/4 US size (7 1/8 UK)

Here is me and the very hat enjoying tea at the Ritz Hotel in London

Apologies its a bit blurry, but the lighting in there was a bit subdued :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart