Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JBucklin, my advice is that if you want the hat, go for it and use the BIN to secure it. Our status as fellow Loungers should by no means inhibit our status as fellow competitors.

I was originally going to bid on that hat because the initial shot gives it a beautiful grey hue, but subsequent shots reveal its Silverbelly color, which I'm getting tired of quite fast as I search through the 'bay.

SteveAS

Practically Family

jbucklin

Practically Family
Yeah, the color thing threw me off as well. It also looks so much like the new modern Stratoliner I just bought that it would be redundant to buy it. In fact, that looks like a factory crease to me, but I could be wrong. Did they do that "back in the day"?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
That's a nice looking hat with what looks like unusual felt. As to why you couldn't bid or contact him, I'd guess the seller set his auction to not allow bidders from Europe?

That may be so, but he stated in the auction text that he'd consider foreign bidders from certain countries, asking to contact him first. Didn't work...

Lawrence Ullman

New in Town
I was originally going to bid on that hat because the initial shot gives it a beautiful grey hue, but subsequent shots reveal its Silverbelly color, which I'm getting tired of quite fast as I search through the 'bay.

My exact thought, too! I already have a silverbelly OR, but would love a gray one. Why oh why is it so hard to accurately capture the color of a felt hat?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Camel colour 3X Open Road gets no love at all...

Screen-Shot-2011-12-23-at-L.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy