Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

randooch

I'll Lock Up
July08auctionphotos091.jpg
Looks Comfy.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I totally agree that this Lee is a fantasitic hat. Style, color, ribbon, dimensions - from your pics and postings I can easily see you finding many occasions to wear this. Just wait til you pick kids up from school, or pick your wife up, or even head out to a gig dressed in black in that hat!

Glad to see that you went with the whim on this hat sir! Best wishes, Eric -

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
No worries dude. I am actually kind of glad that I didn't win as I was looking at another (non-eBay) hat and got it due to this loss. Don't go back into hiding, I miss your posts man.

Just be sure to post pics. ;)

Thanks! I'm not hiding - I read this forum several times a week. Glad to hear you got the hat you wanted.

This Mallory should arrive next week - I'll definitely get pictures. I'm already scouting out a brown leather jacket to go with it.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Douglas, it's too big for you anyway :)

Hope you are doing well.

A hat like that is never too big. I am glad you won. It is a stunner and will go well with your other gems. That hat is worth every penny and then some.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
3X Open Road

I won this early last week, arrived Friday. My first OR. Looks like it had not been worn much, if at all. Only damage is one small moth bite on the bottom of the brim. Dated by some of the Stetson-knowledgeable gents as late 40s to early 50s. My winning bid was $56. I really wanted this OR when I saw it, and it was something of an impulse bid (I rarely do impulse). Did I pay a fair price?

DSCN1101-1.jpg

DSCN1077-1.jpg

DSCN1086-1.jpg

DSCN1085-1.jpg

DSCN1088.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
You stole that puppy. :eusa_clap

Thanks, Alan. From the way the auction was worded, I suspected that the seller knew as little about the OR as I did. Starting bid was $50, and I won for $56. I guess it was up to the seller to know what he was selling. When it's all said and done, I prefer to pay a fair price. Seems in this case, as I was thinking after I got a sense of its age, I got it for a very good price. Then again, there have been times that I've way overpaid for an auction.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
MW Diamant Velour. Picked this one up for a friend. NOS (date stamped 1955) and still has the paper sales tag.

Great find Steve. The Seller had more of this unworn Hats, only in a small size. Most of them with moth bite.

I won this early last week, arrived Friday. My first OR. Looks like it had not been worn much, if at all. Only damage is one small moth bite on the bottom of the brim. Dated by some of the Stetson-knowledgeable gents as late 40s to early 50s. My winning bid was $56. I really wanted this OR when I saw it, and it was something of an impulse bid (I rarely do impulse). Did I pay a fair price?

Orangegrad A very Fine Hat you win. Looks great, and fits you very well. The price, I think is fair. I would have paid the price too

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I totally agree that this Lee is a fantasitic hat. Style, color, ribbon, dimensions - from your pics and postings I can easily see you finding many occasions to wear this. Just wait til you pick kids up from school, or pick your wife up, or even head out to a gig dressed in black in that hat!

Glad to see that you went with the whim on this hat sir! Best wishes, Eric -

Very nice, that colour homburg is on my list!

The color "had me at hello!" Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to seeing this in person.
Eric, you are far too kind, but I think you're right that this will find lots of occasions to ride my head!

Mystic

Practically Family
Greetings

I'm new to the Fedora Lounge and new to hat buying. Just early last year began to wear hats more often than an occasional baseball logo cap. I would like to become a regular (everyday) hat wearer.
Just began a couple of months ago to surf the net for hat stores. Now, looking at ebay. Don't want to spend a lot for a hat until I become more experienced with hat buying, right size, fit and style for me. My head measures 21 1/4, that seems to limit the amount of hats available.

Any tips on ebay registering and buying ??? Should I use my regular email addy and name??

I will have a lot of dumb questions...haven't been to a good hat store yet and online stores don't seem to have the time to answer email questions or don't want to take the time to cultivate customers with answering questions.

It may be "old hat" and elementary for some but it's all new to me.

+1 on the welcome and Cicero's advice. Your measurement suggests you are between 6 3/4 and 6 7/8 in U.S. sizing. This is a plus if your interest is in vintage hats. People used to be smaller - there is a good representation of these sizes on ebay and they will be much more reasonable to buy than larger sizes.

On registering for ebay, others might have good suggestions. I have a hard enough time remembering my given name, so I usually stay away from aliases. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy