Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

This is interesting. The page for Los Angeles lists "Alexander & Oviatt"s first store location (219 W. 4th St.) as well as its second ... but "Alexander & Oviatt" had moved completely out of its first location by 1916. This tells me that The American Hatter 1920 Trade Directory was not entirely up-to-date on its information.

KGrHqNg0E7SuiqLeBPEdBUndw60_32.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
To be fair, if a seller uses a service, she might not be aware of it.

Of course there's no law that says you can't enter 000-000-0000 as I sometimes do.

Tom

It appears the requirement of phone number entry is a default if your using ebay checkout. But the seller can go in and turn off the requirement. If they need your phone they can always get it (thru an advanced search > find contact information).

Tom, it may not violate a law, but entering an invalid phone does violate ebays rules. Of course, this says "when registering"....

eBay's policy states: membership & account > rules & policies >

Falsifying or omitting contact information such as your name, address or telephone number when registering on eBay is not permitted. It is also not permitted to use fax or disconnected numbers as a telephone number.

B

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Interesting, neighbor.

I have never had to enter a phone number or any other information while paying for an ebay auction... which is why I suggested it was a third-party selling service that interfaces with ebay. I have no problem spoofing those. :)

Tom

Mystic

Practically Family
It appears the requirement of phone number entry is a default if your using ebay checkout. But the seller can go in and turn off the requirement. If they need your phone they can always get it (thru an advanced search > find contact information).

Tom, it may not violate a law, but entering an invalid phone does violate ebays rules. Of course, this says "when registering"....

eBay's policy states: membership & account > rules & policies >

Falsifying or omitting contact information such as your name, address or telephone number when registering on eBay is not permitted. It is also not permitted to use fax or disconnected numbers as a telephone number.

B

If you're a United States tax payer.......

you could use 202 456 1111......

It's the comment phone number at the White House in Washington....

If you pay taxes...it's your house and your number.....

TipTop

Practically Family
Oh Canada!
My offer was accepted for this Sovereign. (I think his spelling did him in) A mite stingy on the brim and beefy in the band, but otherwise, exactly my size and color preference. Did I do OK?

As I know zip about these hats, I'd welcome any pointers you may have to offer.

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
There have been two of these Huanuni(s?) floating around for a couple of weeks. One was described as world-class rare, the other, a basic description. Can't help but wonder if the braggart got a reality check by searching ePrey?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh Canada!
My offer was accepted for this Sovereign. (I think his spelling did him in) A mite stingy on the brim and beefy in the band, but otherwise, exactly my size and color preference. Did I do OK?

As I know zip about these hats, I'd welcome any pointers you may have to offer.

I like the hat, sort of reminds me of the Stetson Eagle perhaps due to the hat band with that nice pin! I think you got a good deal!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

This lil Gem showed up finally, another nice pleasant purchase my Wife obtained for me off eBay, champ feather weight superjet. Bless her again! She also let me know (I was not aware) that Village Hats had a sale over this last weekend, and she spent some time finding me some things for summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael