Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mystic

Practically Family
I talked to eBay early this morning and they showed me how to look up the buyers phone number. I called the number and talked to what sounded like the guys Mom, she was very nice. Apparently there is an old address on the account, she gave me updated address and said she'll throw the re-ship postage in the mail to me. Printed another ship label on eBay and edited the address to the updated one, should be good to go, I'll let you guys know if something blows up.

As always, thanks for the support!

That's Good!! :high5:

Mom to the rescue :whoo:

Good - vintage hats going for reasonable prices again. Maybe the fashion is on the wane, and prices are readjusting to a "normal" supply and demand pricing range, rather than the vastly inflated prices we've been seeing for 5 years or so.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...prices are readjusting to a "normal" supply and demand pricing range, rather than the vastly inflated prices we've been seeing for 5 years or so.

Anything is possible, I suppose.
I am more inclined to blame timing, less than stellar auction listings & maybe the stated delivery lag from eastern Europe.

These are pre-war NOS Borsos with at least the hint (or more) of a verifiable provenance, no? Many would say these represent the zenith of 2o'th Century hat making, doggone near a "Holy Grail", IMHO. They seem to me to verge close to "it belongs in a museum" territory. :hail:

Or am I mistaken are these more common than I think? [huh]

Baron- you seem to have been at this for a while, both Stateside & on The Continent, if I am not mistaken.
I would defer to your' assessment.

Mystic

Practically Family
Anything is possible, I suppose.
I am more inclined to blame timing, less than stellar auction listings & maybe the stated delivery lag from eastern Europe.

These are pre-war NOS Borsos with at least the hint (or more) of a verifiable provenance, no? Many would say these represent the zenith of 2o'th Century hat making, doggone near a "Holy Grail", IMHO. They seem to me to verge close to "it belongs in a museum" territory. :hail:

Or am I mistaken are these more common than I think? [huh]

Baron- you seem to have been at this for a while, both Stateside & on The Continent, if I am not mistaken.
I would defer to your' assessment.

Ummmmm.....I just thought maybe all the hat buyers had to fill up the family car at the same time [huh]

Pain at the pump :cry:

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Congrats Terry, well-fought battle. Question (out of ignorance) is that crown a bit lower than usual or is it just this model? I ask that because I just got a rehabbed Churchill back from Ritch Rand and to me, the crown looks lower than I expected, and most important, I feel it makes my head/neck look shorter. On the other hand, maybe I'm just accustomed to tall western styles.

This does NOT look out of proportion on you, but I'm just suddenly self-conscious of crown height and just wondered if that was a standard height for a Strat? Thx and enjoy.

The hat is pushed back on my head so it does not look as tall as it really is. I've seen Strats in several different sizes though so I'm not exactly sure what to compare it to.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
The fact that the hats were located in Sofia, Bulgaria is what made me leery of bidding on them. I fear sending money, not receiving the item, and having to take a loss.

Otateral

Familiar Face
Doh! Misclicked on a black Stetson Royal De Luxe. Put a bid of $85 early but it got beat. Tried to go to $130 right before the finish, but misclicked on my phone. Oh well. Hopefully one of you was able to pick it up, it was beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24