Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Otateral

Familiar Face
Meant to click the bid button, but clicked 1-click-bid instead. Only increased the bid by a dollar instead of what I wanted. Couldn't correct the problem in time, being on a cellphone.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Probably due to the Punti sizing everybody thought the hats were tiny. Not much demand for tiny hats, is it?

Had not considered that.

The fact that the hats were located in Sofia, Bulgaria is what made me leery of bidding on them. I fear sending money, not receiving the item, and having to take a loss.

I guess you're right. The feedback is stellar tho'. And with both eBay & PP protections in place- the risk seems mitigated to some degree.

Dobb

Familiar Face
Doh! Misclicked on a black Stetson Royal De Luxe. Put a bid of $85 early but it got beat. Tried to go to $130 right before the finish, but misclicked on my phone. Oh well. Hopefully one of you was able to pick it up, it was beautiful.
I had to have it. I had a feeling the bidding would go high, as it did. Buy hey, I got the hat. By the way, I am new to the forum and would like to say hello to all.

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I had to have it. It was hoping the bidding would not go as high as it did. Buy hey, I got the hat. By the way, I am new to the forum and would like to say hello to all.

Hello, and welcome! I'm glad that you found something you liked and won it (even in a very competitive auction). It is a thrill to win something that you really do want.

Enjoy your new hat. And enjoy your Lounge experience as well ... :yo:

Dobb

Familiar Face
Hello, and welcome! I'm glad that you found something you liked and won it (even in a very competitive auction). It is a thrill to win something that you really do want.

Enjoy your new hat. And enjoy your Lounge experience as well ... :yo:
Thank you for the nice welcome.I am just beginning to enter the world of nice,good quality hats.I usually wear one of my street vender fedora hats. Some of them are pretty nice. But I always admired the better quality hats. I searched the antique stores but finally gave up.I just never thought of ebay for hats.I am so glad to be here on the forum.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the nice welcome.I am just beginning to enter the world of nice,good quality hats.I usually wear one of my street vender fedora hats. Some of them are pretty nice. But I always admired the better quality hats. I searched the antique stores but finally gave up.I just never thought of ebay for hats.I am so glad to be here on the forum.

I know what you mean about the antique stores. They're a dead end around here too.

On the other hand, eBay is like an enormous candy dispensing machine. You have to pay to sample the goods. But the pickings are plentiful and sweet.

Dobb

Familiar Face
Gotta post some pics once you get it. Congrats on a beautiful hat.
Yes, I will post some pics. I lucked out on this one. Usually, when I bid on something I like, someone blows me out at the last second. But I am learning how to play the game. Though I must admit, I don't like the whole bidding thing and would rather just use a buy it now option when I can. But like zetwal said, the pickings are good.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I won this really cool Gordon Prepster. I have only owned one other Gordon, as they are pretty rare, and if this hat is anything like my other one, it should be very cool. Only one other bidder against me. I know it looks a bit rough now, but it should clean up pretty nice.

VINTAGE FEDORA FELT HAT SIZE 7 GORDON PREPSTER

I also couldn't resist the BUY-IT-NOW option for this Stetson 50th Anniversary Medal

JOHN B. STETSON COMMEMORATION MEDAL

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I won this really cool Gordon Prepster. I have only owned one other Gordon, as they are pretty rare, and if this hat is anything like my other one, it should be very cool. Only one other bidder against me. I know it looks a bit rough now, but it should clean up pretty nice.

Very nice, Josh, and very, very rare. With its St. Paul, Minnesota roots and colorful history, the Gordon & Ferguson Co. is of particular interest to me. I recently found a beautiful '20s-'30s Gordon hat box from out of the woodwork here in Minnesota but have yet to stumble upon a Gordon fedora.

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
They were the newest members of mafia rings, assigned the task of mixing the concrete for those iconic shoes.

That's a good one! But I thought those were the Cobblers. Weren't the Prepsters the up and coming young attorneys who helped with money laundering? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24