Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Outdoor team just bought a Borsalino of mine off ebay Iam waiting to see what price they put on it.
Good luck to them if they can get the prices they ask. As a seller and buyer its interesting to see how people value hats.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow, $180 for a '70s or '80s Dobbs? That's a ridiculous price.

Brad

Exactly... They certainly do appear to have some nice lids for sale, so if their customers have that kind of dough to blow on them, I have no doubt they'd be satisfied customers. I'm just really surprised that the market will support that.

Plus, it means I have to find a whole new ballpark to play in! ;)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this size 6 Point (59cm) J. Hückel´s Söhne Plume Melone and case. It's very dusty but other than that it appears to be in very good condition. Breiter München are still in business.

Auction photos.

7094393033_50c075da8a_o.jpg

6948336502_836db839dc_o.jpg

6948323756_37835db432_o.jpg

6948323772_ebf994fe6d_o.jpg

6948341382_e0e83d59fe_o.jpg

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this size 6 Point (59cm) J. Hückel´s Söhne Plume Melone and case. It's very dusty but other than that it appears to be in very good condition. Breiter München are still in business.

]

Looks to be an outstanding Melone and fine case, almost bid myself. Looking forward to more details.

Rick Blaine

Watta ya' know

On wePay I had bid on three ( 1, 2,3 ) of the recent Bosalinos from pre-war Sofia, Bulgaria, some of the few in modern sizes I had ever seen - all from Simon Zlateff's legendary stash. I mostly bid to stimulate bidding as I didn't think they were gettin' their props...(yo ;)) little did I suspect I'd end up with 'em... all. The brown one I went high on as I had contacted the seller f/ a BIN on another & one of ya'll beat me to the draw on it, damn yer hide!

It all came out alright tho'. I WILL have to further thin the stock soon to ante' up f/ these. But I am pleased.

ANYONE who knows of Zlateff or his story, I'd be grateful for any info!

Rick Blaine

Congrats! I would like to know more too. I have some great hats form that source.

Perry, Thanks!

Awesome trio, Rick.

If that first one is too big for you, i know a melon it'd fit. ;)

I thank you both gentlemen. I may well have to visit Sofia myself to get any backstory on these. An agreeable task...quest...
There is a TANGO (?) website selling one for $500+! USD!

TipTop

Practically Family
On wePay I had bid on three ( 1, 2,3 ) of the recent Bosalinos from pre-war Sofia, Bulgaria, some of the few in modern sizes I had ever seen - all from Simon Zlateff's legendary stash. I mostly bid to stimulate bidding as I didn't think they were gettin' their props...(yo ;)) little did I suspect I'd end up with 'em... all. The brown one I went high on as I had contacted the seller f/ a BIN on another & one of ya'll beat me to the draw on it, damn yer hide!

It all came out alright tho'. I WILL have to further thin the stock soon to ante' up f/ these. But I am pleased.

ANYONE who knows of Zlateff or his story, I'd be grateful for any info!

Truly a hat trick! And nary a maroon in the lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24