Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Someone got a super deal on this strat - I guess the absence of the words "fedora" and "vintage" in the listing caused it to fly under the radar. I hope a lounger got it; I would've bid higher but I really didn't expect to win it and didn't want to drive up the price for the eventual winner.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
Scott, do you know how to play it, or you bought it just for fun?

Nope, don't even know how to play a guitar. I've wanted to learn, though, and so I've been studying the old ones on ebay and doing research on the internet. Seemed safest to get one that needed to be set up - that way I can get it done for a beginner....and just for fun - I collect just about everything, and have always thought old violins were cool.

Mario said:
Sweeeeet! That's a dang beautiful instrument. Those inlays are crazy. I thik you made a good deal. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Bit I'd also love to know: can you play it?

Thanks! No, don't know how to play, but looking forward to learning. Also, my son is very musically inclined and has taught himself how to play the Saxophone, piano and ukulele (honest - he sounds pretty good on all, and hasn't had a single lesson), so worst case he ends up with it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
1939 Hat Life
376934160_o.jpg

1938 Hat Life
376933990_o.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
The magazines are a very cool find. I hope you will make a pdf available and/or post the contents for all to see! ;)

suitedcboy

One Too Many
ef84b5ff.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm printing this and putting it up on my pantry and refrigerator as a weight loss aid.
If this photo doesn't make you ill and lose your appetite, then nothing would!
(sorry if I offended anyone who collects fuzzy multi-colored homburgs, I guess we all are entitled to our own "flair")

Mr E Train

One Too Many
suitedcboy said:
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/zetwal/ef84b5ff.jpg
(sorry if I offended anyone who collects fuzzy multi-colored homburgs, I guess we all are entitled to our own "flair")[/QUOTE]

None taken. You cool, baby.

TVHB2.jpg

Hückel Superior Velour

I also won this very rare gray Hückel Superior Velour Fedora. It dates from the 1930s or earlier. This is the first gray one I have come upon after looking for a few years. The bow treatment is also unique. This is a Superior model so the highest quality Hückel produced and they made the finest velour finishes (shiny - slick wet seal fur look). It is only a size 54cm but for me a collection - historical piece. The auction photos are not the best. The bottom photo shows more color.

4669012075_1d52ea6cb7_o.jpg

4669636070_90edb3e646_o.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
I also won this very rare gray Hückel Superior Velour Fedora. It dates from the 1930s or earlier. This is the first gray one I have come upon after looking for a few years. The bow treatment is also unique. This is a Superior model so the highest quality Hückel produced and they made the finest velour finishes (shiny - slick wet seal fur look). It is only a size 54cm but for me a collection - historical piece. The auction photos are not the best. The bottom photo shows more color.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1302/4669012075_1d52ea6cb7_o.jpg[/IMG]

4669636070_90edb3e646_o.jpg
Glad you grabbed it. Looked beautiful, but tiny as usual.[huh]

rlk said:
Glad you grabbed it. Looked beautiful, but tiny as usual.[huh]

Robert, Thanks! Yes tiny as usual. :) I kinda feel bad because this might have fit Mario. I only have two pre WWII Hückel Fedoras that fit and I am very careful with them.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
I also won this very rare gray Hückel Superior Velour Fedora.

When a hat looks good in bad photos, it's got a pretty good chance of being amazing in better ones. :eusa_clap

m000m000

One of the Regulars
mayserwegener said:
I also won this very rare gray Hückel Superior Velour Fedora. It dates from the 1930s or earlier. This is the first gray one I have come upon after looking for a few years. The bow treatment is also unique. This is a Superior model so the highest quality Hückel produced and they made the finest velour finishes (shiny - slick wet seal fur look). It is only a size 54cm but for me a collection - historical piece.

I was watching that, and really wanted to buy it, but alas, the size, the size :(. Soooo tiny :(.

m000m000 said:
I was watching that, and really wanted to buy it, but alas, the size, the size :(. Soooo tiny :(.

As I mentioned I see this as a collectors piece (I have 7 pre WWII Hückel soft felts) based on how rare they are. This is the first one I have seen come available in about a year and it appears to be good condition with all original parts. Also the gray velour adds to its uniqueness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran