Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I cannot believe ya'll let this get away

worthWortBatsakes.jpg

GREY FEDORA BY WORTH/BATSAKES HATS SIZE 7 1/4

and let me snag it!... but why would a Worth & Worth also have "Batsakes" embossed on the band. I thought they were both retailers?

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Neophyte said:
All that pressure I was talking about, it only really shows up when I have the brim flipped up or in hollywood configuration. Flipping it back down to the traditional style seems to have alleviated the pressure.

Ever hear that joke "doctor it hurts when I do this"?

Watch very closely when you put the hat on with the brim down. The front will dip just a bit more than when you don't have it on.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Rick Blaine said:
and let me snag it!... but why would a Worth & Worth also have "Batsakes" embossed on the band. I thought they were both retailers?

You know, I kicked myself for not bidding on that--I tend to bid on any hat that comes up with a connection to Batsakes. It's the only ebay search I have that's still active! Fortunately for you, though, I'd just bought my first hat in three months or more (even though it was for my wife) and decided I needed to go back to abstaining. :eusa_doh:

Batsakes is not only a hat retailer, but Gus is a master hatter. It is possible that the hat may have made it to him for a new sweatband and other work, leaving the liner intact. (Can't tell in the photo what the logo is in the liner, but I think it's the Worth and Worth one.)

It is a great color combination. Enjoy it!

Cheers,
Tom

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I saw that hat as well, and I'm a 7 so no contest here. But then again, I get more access to the smaller hats, so even trade... it's a nice fedora by the way.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Nice Marathon. :eusa_clap

rlk said:
Probably a Homburg that had the center crease pushed out.

Agreed. It looks soft. Whatever it is, I was interested, but the seller didn't seem to want my money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24