Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
As you said, on the plus side, a 7X CB in 7 1/2 l.o. for under $200 is an insane deal for any buyer.

I won that one and I AM doing the happy dance. I was very surprised that I won it for the price it went for. My high bid was considerably higher. M_Jones I hope you can take some solace in knowing it will hold a special place in my collection, I've wanted one for a long time

Old Austrian or German Fedoras

I just won these very old and dusty Austrian or German Fedoras + box. They are supposedly size 59-60cm (rare) so we shall see. One looks to be a wide ribbon back bow which is unique. They both look to have very tall crowns.

!B0N4vUQB2k~$(KGrHqMOKkME)NP2F)NhBMZYDUmqV!~~_12.JPG

!B0N42Rg!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKn!Ew7tn4fjEBMZYDuO!gw~~_12.JPG

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Mario said:
Why not take a little detour? Maybe some US lounegr would be willing to have the hats shipped to him so than he can pass them on to you?

That's a really great idea, thanks mario! Maybe in the future I will give that one a try,
Really really wanted those hats.....

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice resistol, but...

jlee562 said:
just now won this 50's (?) Resistol fedora, it's going to be my first beaver hat (although I have an Adventurebilt on order from Mr. Delk).

Hells' Bells, if you are size seven you could get DOZENS of pristine vintage beauties of every description, often of superior materials & workmanship, (to say nothing of the history they represent )for the same six hundred fifty dollars :eek: Mr. Delk gets for a single example of his work. And no eighteen month (or whatever insane turnaround is now claimed) wait!
Go to http://johnnyphi.com/ he is having a heck of a time w/ the smaller sizes & might talk turkey on a multiple purchase... my .o2

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:
Hells' Bells, if you are size seven you could get DOZENS of pristine vintage beauties of every description, often of superior materials & workmanship, (to say nothing of the history they represent] for the same six hundred fifty dollars :eek: Mr. Delk gets for a single example of his work. And no eighteen month (or whatever insane turnaround is now claimed) wait!
Go to http://johnnyphi.com/ he is having a heck of a time w/ the smaller sizes & might talk turkey on a multiple purchase... my .o2

I've actually been and not seen a whole lot to my liking there. And, I most certainly did not pay $650 for my Adventurebilt ;)

Rick Blaine

jlee562 said:
I've actually been and not seen a whole lot to my liking there. And, I most certainly did not pay $650 for my Adventurebilt ;)

Good, that's a lotta scratch. Still, as I said in another thread, if I were a 7 I'd have likely spent the same money and have HUNDREDS rather than merely DOZENS of hats. I do like that size 7 Rosemont Open Crown though.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:
Good, that's a lotta scratch. Still, as I said in another thread, if I were a 7 I'd have likely spent the same money and have HUNDREDS rather than merely DOZENS of hats. I do like that size 7 Rosemont Open Crown though.

Of course you're not me, and I don't mind paying what I paid (less than an Optimo!) to have the provenance of having the Indiana Jones hat, handmade by the same person who made the film hats.

To each his own my friend. I'm just not high on any of the hats on johnnyphi.com, the ones I marginally like have moth damage, and all of them are more expensive than the one I just got on ebay.

Rick Blaine

jlee562 said:
Of course you're not me, and I don't mind paying what I paid (less than an Optimo!) to have the provenance of having the Indiana Jones hat, handmade by the same person who made the film hats.

To each his own my friend. I'm just not high on any of the hats on johnnyphi.com, the ones I marginally like have moth damage, and all of them are more expensive than the one I just got on ebay.

Understood.

interjake

New in Town
2 eBay wins

First eBay win was a used Moe Penn fedora in light gray, with the original box. Never heard of this brand before, but the hat is a true beauty/like new. Anyone familiar with this brand?

Second eBay win was a Stetson Open Road - New old stock. A real gem!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner