Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Knife

!B15JE!!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKicE)Q+tYv5eBMgTJ!Dezw~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...780639&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154
Interesting but more than I'll pay.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
My two latest

My two latest ebay buys.

The bigger one is an Adams, but it doesn't say a model inside. Still, it's in great shape. Paid $30. The second one is a stingy brim, my first stingy, actually. It's an Alexander from an old clothing store in Wisconsin. Paid $15 for that one. I like the ribbon, but I just think my face is too wide for a stingy. I don't like the way it looks on me. It seems a tad tighter than I'd like, too.

Adams.jpg

Alexander_stingybrim.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
laotou said:
Mario, and anyone else out there, when that comes up let me know. I would be happy to act as a forwarding service.

Thanks. :) Someone else also offered me to act as a 'radio repeater' (so to speak).

This is not the first time. Once or twice I tried to bid on an item on which the seller stated that he wouldn't ship outside the US and I couldn't even make a bid. Ebay wouldn't let me because the seller excluded all non-US countries from bidding on his items. [huh]

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Once or twice I tried to bid on an item on which the seller stated that he wouldn't ship outside the US and I couldn't even make a bid. Ebay wouldn't let me because the seller excluded all non-US countries from bidding on his items. [huh]

Yes, that makes good sense from the seller's perspective (if he doesn't want to sell abroad). If a particular prohibited purchase is of strong interest to you, just have a willing partner in the US purchase it for you and ship it later. ;)

theinterchange

One Too Many
Lefty said:
Great deal on that one. I wish I had noticed it. :eusa_clap

I don't get why the seller said it's "Semi Custom" Adventurebilts are custom. Nice buy, this is one of the "original" rabbits from before Steve swore off ever producing them... only to recently begin making them again. :rolleyes:

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
travelsonic said:
Maybe for a new AB beaver fedora perhaps.

Yep. I've heard of some folks pushing onward to nearly three years waiting. All the hub-bub of his making the hats for the fourth Indiana Jones film created quite a backlog. He realized a dream in making Indy's hat, yet it wasn't without a touch of nightmare when it comes to the backlog situation. Though, folks who buy hats now at the increased price have a shorter turnover time.

Randy

travelsonic

New in Town
jimmy the lid said:
Hence, the joke...:eusa_doh:

Eh... I've been spending too much time debating politics on sites like SodaHead - the absent-mindedness has rubbed off on me. :p Fortunately, not the outright stupidity of many of the people there though.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
A bluish gray Bond

Here is the one I got in the mails today...

bond.JPG

It's a Bond Imperial Ten, size 7. in long oval. This one is in great shape. $45 plus shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats