Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Amazing condition!
I think the neighborhood has changed:
4991081895_81806ac1cb.jpg

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
hatophile said:
That is very nice, good pickup for you. Get some photos on your head, too.
It appears you are partial to grays.

Well, so far gray ones are all I've been able to win on ebay! I would like a black one. And I really, really want a cream colored one.

I have a nearly brown gray, a tannish gray and two medium brown grays. Now this one is a blue-gray. I also have a reddish brown stingy brim.

I'll get a photo when I am wearing it next.

Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Actually, grays are nice, I like them also, they have a lot of versatility. Finding a cream in size 7 on Ebay is very tough, although many of the open road type hats can be a beige/cream color. Good Luck!

Hückel Hatbox

I picked up this Hückel hat box. This is the first paper one I have encountered. I am not sure on the date (could be 1930s or older) but it does have felt protector which don't see with American hat boxes. Would have liked to see the hat that was in it. :)

!B2BYu6gBGk~$(KGrHqV,!jME)pbmFsUGBMg46Ls0Vg~~_12.JPG

rlk

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
I picked up this Hückel hat box. This is the first paper one I have encountered. I am not sure on the date (could be 1930s or older) but it does have felt protector which don't see with American hat boxes. Would have liked to see the hat that was in it. :)

!B2BYu6gBGk~$(KGrHqV,!jME)pbmFsUGBMg46Ls0Vg~~_12.JPG
Congratulations. I thought you would go for that, so with the 35 Euro shipping I didn't bid it up.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
shipping

Yeah, I saw a great Stetson in a box. The bid was only at $20. Then I saw why no one else was bidding. The ebay seller was trying to charge $45 for shipping! FORTYFIVE DOLLARS!! Ridiculous.

Hey MV,

When I have seen outrageous shipping charges on Ebay I have asked the seller to recalculate or check the price. Most times they will come back with something more reasonable. If not, no bid from me.

Hückel Hatbox

Robert, Thanks! :) I really wanted this one for my gray (not the velour) Hückel Superior.

Hatophile, RP, MV, The problem with this one is the size. It is too big to ship from Germany to the USA for less based on the over all dimensions and I don't think I could get them to drop the price because it is a rare piece. It is the first one I have encountered so I was willing to pay some $. Usually I can get them to down size the shipping box but couldn't in this case. I am kinda of a master at this shipping stuff. :)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Robert, Thanks! :) I really wanted this one for my gray (not the velour) Hückel Superior.

Hatophile, RP, MV, The problem with this one is the size. It is too big to ship from Germany to the USA for less based on the over all dimensions and I don't think I could get them to drop the price because it is a rare piece. It is the first one I have encountered so I was willing to pay some $. Usually I can get them to down size the shipping box but couldn't in this case. I am kinda of a master at this shipping stuff. :)

Yes, this has been very frustrating! I've found many spectacular hat boxes on European ebay but the shipping is so costly:(

rlk said:
Yes, this has been very frustrating! I've found many spectacular hat boxes on European ebay but the shipping is so costly:(

Yes this is the first time I did this for just a box but I am not sure if or when I will see another one of these.

theinterchange

One Too Many
The Morfelt, A Bigger Piece of Trash Than I Could Have Imagined!!

4994147739_8b0b1efe09_z.jpg

4994117901_989eccf6e6_z.jpg

Here folks is where it gets hilarious. Check out the sweatband....

4994723798_56638be69a_z.jpg

Like I said previously, I was oddly fascinated by this hat. I knew it was junky, but couldn't pass it up. [huh]

Randy

P.S The hilarious part of the whole thing is the seller put a STINKING dryer sheet inside the hat and I can't even keep the box or hat in the house. It's giving the whole household sinus headaches!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Lloyd said:
I wish!
It's chocolate with an antique gold ribbon.
I haven't had a chance to fix the colors yet

Ahh. I think it's the gold ribbon making it look greenish to my eyes. Still yet, a fantastic looking hat!

Oh, and that kitten finish is some fantastic feeling stuff, isn't it?!

Lloyd

A-List Customer
that ratty ribbon certainly skews the color but I love it
Love the kitten finish too. The only thing better in my collection is a VS feather weight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic