Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
not mine

7 1/2 Playboy with condition issues of an uncertain degree

block and flange set
420498633_tp.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I won this old (Any ideas? early 30s? 20s?) G. B. Borsalino Fv Lazzaro Bombetta (Bowler). The seller claimed 56cm but the size is marked 6 1/2 punti so it must have some padding. I put in a low bid and won so hoping I am correct. I haven't seen an old G. B. Borsalino Bowler before so interested to check this one out.

!B7ylM(Q!2k~$(KGrHqEOKj0EzF3e9sclBM1SBiH8uw~~_12.JPG

!B7ylNswEGk~$(KGrHqEOKkEEzJh9YH63BM1SBp1WZw~~_12.JPG

!B7ylOEwCGk~$(KGrHqMOKikEyY4m1nmhBM1SBsjer!~~_12.JPG

Last edited:

Dreispitz

One Too Many
I won this old (Any ideas? early 30s? 20s?) G. B. Borsalino Fv Lazzaro Bombetta (Bowler). The seller claimed 56cm but the size is marked 6 1/2 punti so it must have some padding. I put in a low bid and won so hoping I am correct. I haven't seen an old G. B. Borsalino Bowler before so interested to check this one out.

!B7ylM(Q!2k~$(KGrHqEOKj0EzF3e9sclBM1SBiH8uw~~_12.JPG

!B7ylNswEGk~$(KGrHqEOKkEEzJh9YH63BM1SBp1WZw~~_12.JPG

!B7ylOEwCGk~$(KGrHqMOKikEyY4m1nmhBM1SBsjer!~~_12.JPG

So then, you outbid me, Steve. it should be a very interesting, good and old one. 30ies or even earlier????

So then, you outbid me, Steve. it should be a very interesting, good and old one. 30ies or even earlier????

Dieter, Sorry about that! :) I wasn't expecting to win it with my bid. It is a bit of risk but at least the crown and brim look ok. G. B. Borsalino went out of business in the 30s so it could be older.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I think I just got a 7 3/4 Stetson 100 with the case for $125 shipped. I started by sending the seller a bunch of questions, but figured that if I didn't pull the trigger, someone would beat me to it. So now, my questions are sort of "please don't send this to me if it's a 6 3/4, or somehow measures 7 3/4, or says 3x, 4x or some other X on the inside." it's a tense sort of excitement

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Oh, momma -- now you gone and done it!!! Judging by those photos, I'd say your excitement is well-deserved. Just to make the wait a little more delectable, the Stetson 100 from the Morris Men's Shop (at the Stockyard Inn in Chicago) that I nabbed on the 'bay (and which now resides on the noggin of gtdean) is one of the nicest lids I have ever laid hands on. Can't wait to hear how this story winds up!

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This is killin' me and it's only been minutes. Between your post and the one below from Rick, I'm shakin'.

I know what you mean. I have been jonesin' bad for a Stetson OR from the Morris Menswear store in the lobby of the Chicago Union Stockyard Inn. That's where, from 1865 on, having sold their herd the Texas cattle Tycoons flush w/ $$$, would get themselves new togs, hat included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran