Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Keep in mind that the auction for the Schoble and Stetson never gave any kind of proof that the hats were indeed a 7 1/2. The listings also describe the hats as 100% wool so we know how much the seller knows about fedoras. Not to be pessimistic but I wouldn't be surprised to see the buyer receive two hats that are both 6 7/8. That'd teach 'im! ;)

Though I certainly understand the negative feelings toward those that make offers on hats we all want (and get them) I have a hard time seeing it any differently than someone that watches an auction from the start knowing that he has $400 to drop on it in the last 5 seconds. Both seem unfair (to me) but that is because I either missed out on making an offer or I don't have more money to spend.

Thankfully there still seem to be an awful lot of great vintage hats out there... :)

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I saw that one and thought, what a great hat, if it weren't for that staining on the top and if the seller knew what the heck he was doing with the sizing.

Still, great price though. Someone got a great deal.

Alex

Practically Family
I picked this one up...probably too small but I figured I would give it a shot
Bantam 7 1/4 long oval
I honestly was thinkin of bidding on that myself, but decided not to take a chance with the size but that hat does have potential.

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Hope this is the right thread to post this, will also put in classifieds. Being that I am unable to master the addition of pics or links to a post, I have ebayed, the following 2 hats:
Dobbs, Twenty, 7 1/4, superb cond. as if NIB. Box is really nice too!
Wormser, beaver blend chocolate brown fedora size 7+. A beautiful bound brim hat.

fmw

One Too Many
OK, who got the thin ribbon Stetson with the Whippet liner? Anybody here?:)

Perhaps either the ribbon or the liner were replaced at some point. I have a Stetson western hat that got a new sweat band recently. It turned out to be a Stetson sweat band but for a fedora, not a cowboy hat. The hatter simply used a replacement part for one product that worked in another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner